RAWA - the voice of the people

• Who will fund the squad rebuilding regardless of what division we're in?
  • What plans are in place to improve our under performing accedemy teams?
  • What progress have the new European scouts made?
  • When do you intend on paying back the money you have borrowed from the club and secured against club assets?

It'll be good to get the answers to these questions next time he does a podcast...

• Who will fund the squad rebuilding regardless of what division we're in?
  • What plans are in place to improve our under performing accedemy teams?
  • What progress have the new European scouts made?
  • When do you intend on paying back the money you have borrowed from the club and secured against club assets?

If Boris gets his way, then unless the rules around work permits change radically, any European scouts will be pretty much redundant on 1 January next year if we aren't in the Championship. Once we exit any EU transition period, the work permit rules which currently apply to non-EU nationals will apply to non-UK nationals (with the exception of the RoI, which has a special arrangement. In other words, any incoming player will have to have played 75% of internationals for his country in the year preceding the move, and that country has to be ranked in the top 100 in the FIFA rankings.

If Boris gets his way, then unless the rules around work permits change radically, any European scouts will be pretty much redundant on 1 January next year if we aren't in the Championship. Once we exit any EU transition period, the work permit rules which currently apply to non-EU nationals will apply to non-UK nationals (with the exception of the RoI, which has a special arrangement. In other words, any incoming player will have to have played 75% of internationals for his country in the year preceding the move, and that country has to be ranked in the top 100 in the FIFA rankings.
Well apparently Mr Donald invested half a million pounds on European scouting network, so someone better tell him. Let's be honest, league one and two are largely made up of British based players. I think he needs to get someone who can scout domestically before even thinking about the Estonian Premier Division.

If it stops the likes of the top clubs hoovering all the young talent from abroad and then farming them out like chelsea do ,great thing

Gives us a chance to close the gap though ,not really worried about the quality of top clubs footy until we join them.Which is a long way off at moment
Doubt it. Will just mean that any promising young player we develop will be snatched up even earlier than they are now.

The best thing to do as far as Donald is concerned is assume everything he says is a lie until proven to be true.
Shades of Gray, i think he does tell some of the truth but not exactly the full story.

Enlighten me then...
I was pointing out that RAWA claim to be democratic and listen to members. League position and performance on the pitch has absolutely nothing to do with that fact.

Nor financial aspects.

From reading this thread it seems the executive themselves have realised they have made mistakes in this, fair enough on that then.

Last edited:
No, they did mention that quite a few people weren't happy with not getting balloted and said they'd have to learn lessons for next time, so it might be that in the future major things like that are voted on in some form first.

Also, whilst I understand their reasons for doing so, they said they'd continue to be Donald out, had other things planned (presumably mainly social media stuff) but that they wouldn't do more until results turn. Now, I do understand that; if we win 3-0 tomorrow they'd get no traction from a Donald out post, but doing it this way where they seem quiet until we lose a couple will open them up to accusations that they only go Donald out when we lose a couple and are thus kneejerking. Not an easy one for them admittedly

load of shit to be fair mate and they never said that. They’ve made their feelings clear and will continue to push the owner to either sell or fix it. To suggest they're waiting for defeats is just wrong.

load of shit to be fair mate and they never said that. They’ve made their feelings clear and will continue to push the owner to either sell or fix it. To suggest they're waiting for defeats is just wrong.

They did say that. They said there's no point in pushing it currently because they'd get a lot less support whilst we're winning so they said they'd just concentrate on supporting the team and enjoying the football for now but would continue to push it on social media etc when they think people will get behind it more. They definitely said it, anyone else who was there care to back that up? Like i say, I understand why they'd do it, no point trying to get traction for anything while we're winning but they definitely said it, why the fuck would I make it up?

Last edited:
They did say that. They said there's no point in pushing it currently because they'd get a lot less support whilst we're winning so they said they'd just concentrate on supporting the team and enjoying the football for now but would continue to push it on social media etc when they think people will get behind it more. They definitely said it, anyone else who was there care to back that up? Like i say, I understand why they'd do it, no point trying to get traction for anything while we're winning but they definitely said it, why the fuck would I make it up?
They never said they would do more if results changed. Your insinuating that they will be quiet until we lose a couple and they will be knee jerking. You said they won’t do more until a couple of results turn. That is what I have an issue with as they will be doing plenty to hold the club accountable whether win lose or draw.

They said they have made their feelings known and will be continuing dialogue with the club. They said it’s hard to run a campaign when winning, which is true, just look at the polls since we’ve won a few. I just think you’ve bent the truth or out out a view that’s your own, not what was said.

They never said they would do more if results changed. Your insinuating that they will be quiet until we lose a couple and they will be knee jerking. You said they won’t do more until a couple of results turn. That is what I have an issue with as they will be doing plenty to hold the club accountable whether win lose or draw.

They said they have made their feelings known and will be continuing dialogue with the club. They said it’s hard to run a campaign when winning, which is true, just look at the polls since we’ve won a few. I just think you’ve bent the truth or out out a view that’s your own, not what was said.

I think we're just getting wires crossed tbh. I know that they are of the opinion Donald should go, and they have stated that they will continue to push for that to happen in the dialogue they have with him behind closed doors. Regardless of whether we're winning or losing they're going to try and ensure that happens.

My comment was only relating to the social media/ visible protest side of things. Can't remember when it was asked but iirc someone said something along the lines of would there be more stuff like the #donaldout campaign that got so much traction. At that point one of the people at the table basically said that at some stage they'll do more but that whilst performances and results are good it wouldn't be effective because a lot would criticise it. My concern is that, whilst I know they will continually be pushing for him to go, it might look to some (wrongly) that they are kneejerking based on results because the next visible campaign/ protest etc will be if and when things get worse on the pitch again and more fans will get behind it.

@Steeeeed you were on the table, am I going mad or is the above a fair summary? I'm sure they said there wouldn't be any more social media things whilst results are good but I might have somehow completely misheard!

Back