RAWA - the voice of the people

Why did he need a loan if Jaun was so committed then? The bloke owns 20% of the club, but lives halfway around the world. He's turned up on the piss a few times with fans and is meant to be bringing same Uruguayan younguns over for the accedemy :lol:. Meanwhile according to Donald himself (the bloke who's word you take for gospel) has the Americans want no further involvement. Sounds solid, marra.

Said a million times, it's all old ground. It could have been a method to get them involved and then take it from there?

Did the quote saying the Americans want no further involvement not come ONLY if he was to be selling the club? I thought he was answering a question saying they were not interested in "taking over" ?

EDIT: And I don't take his word as gospel. Just don't fly into conspiracy theories head first, there is often another explanation...

Last edited:

Yeh post 498 he said the chair asked for it not to be mentioned as they were still in discussions about it.

Aye, just to clear this up, the chair of the meeting said that the bit about the loan was off the record. The reason given was because they were still in discussion with Donald about it. They'd seen the loan document (and put it on the screen), asked Donald about it, he said the interest was a "mistake" and sent a letter from his accountant which basically said "I confirm you don't charge interest" (that was shown on screen as well, but was hard to read). Because that isn't a legal document they asked if there was any actual proof (had the agreement been rewritten/ amended or anything) and they are still waiting to see if he sends anything. I didn't massively understand it (as a loan to Madrox I didn't see how it could affect SAFC) and, because they'd said it was ongoing and not to post about it in case it stopped them finding out more about it, I decided to leave it off my summary.

GarethQ who is obviously involved with WMS who are one of the groups who released the statement then quoted me, effectively asking why I hadn't thought that bit worth mentioning. I explained why, but since he's now mentioned it, I'm assuming they're happy for it to be discussed. He mentions it's buried in companies house somewhere, hopefully he will show where (it's not exactly a secret if it's publicly available) so that someone like GOM can take a look and just confirm it's nowt to worry about (if that's the case!)

Said a million times, it's all old ground. It could have been a method to get them involved and then take it from there?

Did the quote saying the Americans want no further involvement not come ONLY if he was to be selling the club? I thought he was answering a question saying they were not interested in "taking over" ?

EDIT: And I don't take his word as gospel. Just don't fly into conspiracy theories head first, there is often another explanation...
According to Donald the Americans aren't buying the club full stop. Nobody is coming up with conspiracy theories. The fact there's far more questions than answers is naturally going to mean people will draw their own conclusions. Donald is digging a lot of holes for himself. Can you 100% hand on heart say you trust the bloke?

According to Donald the Americans aren't buying the club full stop. Nobody is coming up with conspiracy theories. The fact there's far more questions than answers is naturally going to mean people will draw their own conclusions. Donald is digging a lot of holes for himself. Can you 100% hand on heart say you trust the bloke?

And some may say they never were. He answered a question about them taking over or buying when he was forced to sell. Yet again, stuff twisted to suit agendas, why?

I cannot 100% hand on heart say I trust him, as I don't know him. Neither do the people making stuff up/twisting stuff/misunderstanding stuff, yet they shout from the rooftops that he's this and he's that.

Aye, just to clear this up, the chair of the meeting said that the bit about the loan was off the record. The reason given was because they were still in discussion with Donald about it. They'd seen the loan document (and put it on the screen), asked Donald about it, he said the interest was a "mistake" and sent a letter from his accountant which basically said "I confirm you don't charge interest" (that was shown on screen as well, but was hard to read). Because that isn't a legal document they asked if there was any actual proof (had the agreement been rewritten/ amended or anything) and they are still waiting to see if he sends anything. I didn't massively understand it (as a loan to Madrox I didn't see how it could affect SAFC) and, because they'd said it was ongoing and not to post about it in case it stopped them finding out more about it, I decided to leave it off my summary.

GarethQ who is obviously involved with WMS who are one of the groups who released the statement then quoted me, effectively asking why I hadn't thought that bit worth mentioning. I explained why, but since he's now mentioned it, I'm assuming they're happy for it to be discussed. He mentions it's buried in companies house somewhere, hopefully he will show where (it's not exactly a secret if it's publicly available) so that someone like GOM can take a look and just confirm it's nowt to worry about (if that's the case!)
Cheers, that’s what I understood from what you said.
I presume that wasn’t the reason for the statement then, if they don’t want it discussed and are still in discussions about it.
Whole thing just gets stranger and stranger.

And some may say they never were. He answered a question about them taking over or buying when he was forced to sell. Yet again, stuff twisted to suit agendas, why?

I cannot 100% hand on heart say I trust him, as I don't know him. Neither do the people making stuff up/twisting stuff/misunderstanding stuff, yet they shout from the rooftops that he's this and he's that.
Like I say marra, I'm very concerned about what happens come June. Apart from Parkinson's contract everything seems to be planned up until then and not beyond.

Like I say marra, I'm very concerned about what happens come June. Apart from Parkinson's contract everything seems to be planned up until then and not beyond.

Which will mean, 4 questions have their for to be answered example.

Players contracts running out are plans in place to sign on the current better players for both this division and the championship, i am thinking John McLaughin here, and some of the others who's deals are coming to an end.

Has the Summer 2020 transfer planning even started or has plans been put in place ?

Has Concerts been arranged for the summer, to keep the Stadium in use ? and making the club money in the off season ?

Has pre season game planning begun ?

Cheers, that’s what I understood from what you said.
I presume that wasn’t the reason for the statement then, if they don’t want it discussed and are still in discussions about it.
Whole thing just gets stranger and stranger.

No, as far as I can tell from the meeting there wasn't any single reason for the statement, just an overriding feeling that a lot of things weren't quite adding up. There was also maybe a hint that they feel Donald is asking too much for the club and they hoped the statement might make him reconsider. Donald definitely hasn't been clear when communicating and that, as much as anything in my opinion, has given ammunition against him.

Which will mean, 4 questions have their for to be answered example.

Players contracts running out are plans in place to sign on the current better players for both this division and the championship, i am thinking John McLaughin here, and some of the others who's deals are coming to an end.

Has the Summer 2020 transfer planning even started or has plans been put in place ?

Has Concerts been arranged for the summer, to keep the Stadium in use ? and making the club money in the off season ?

Has pre season game planning begun ?
And that's just the start of the list mate.

Why did he need a loan if Jaun was so committed then? The bloke owns 20% of the club, but lives halfway around the world. He's turned up on the piss a few times with fans and is meant to be bringing same Uruguayan younguns over for the accedemy :lol:. Meanwhile according to Donald himself (the bloke who's word you take for gospel) has said the Americans want no further involvement. Sounds solid, marra.

How about he didn't, but it was the way to keep the Americans involved without them making a full takeover until we're out of this division, bearing in mind that Charlton have just been sold for £60m as a Championship team.

This is exactly the issue why FPP 'dont want it's stewie wants too much money imo.
We have no idea if that’s true or not.
No, as far as I can tell from the meeting there wasn't any single reason for the statement, just an overriding feeling that a lot of things weren't quite adding up. There was also maybe a hint that they feel Donald is asking too much for the club and they hoped the statement might make him reconsider. Donald definitely hasn't been clear when communicating and that, as much as anything in my opinion, has given ammunition against him.
He definitely hasn’t been, I’d argue if that’s the reason then they are perfectly placed to push to clear up any discrepancies in the meetings. From the minutes it doesn’t really look much like they did certainly not strongly enough to be demanding he leave a few weeks later.

I assumed there must be a bit more to it, maybe the loan is what tipped it over the edge, but it doesn’t feel like that’s true, at least not yet.

Last edited:
Interesting that RAWA didn't want the information surrounding the loan out in the public in case it prevented them finding out the truth, yet the timing of their statement means that we'll never find out the truth about SD's intentions for this transfer window.

Interesting that RAWA didn't want the information surrounding the loan out in the public in case it prevented them finding out the truth, yet the timing of their statement means that we'll never find out the truth about SD's intentions for this transfer window.
Did you expect it to be any different to the summer window? If so, why?

How about he didn't, but it was the way to keep the Americans involved without them making a full takeover until we're out of this division, bearing in mind that Charlton have just been sold for £60m as a Championship team.
I would say that's just supposition at the minute (a one I kind of share btw). There's holes in everything that comes out where Donald is concerned though and I think we're right to keep questioning him.

Ok come up with another four from your perpective, i would like to see them just for interest sake
  • Who will fund the squad rebuilding regardless of what division we're in?
  • What plans are in place to improve our under performing accedemy teams?
  • What progress have the new European scouts made?
  • When do you intend on paying back the money you have borrowed from the club and secured against club assets?

Back