RAWA - the voice of the people

I think we're just getting wires crossed tbh. I know that they are of the opinion Donald should go, and they have stated that they will continue to push for that to happen in the dialogue they have with him behind closed doors. Regardless of whether we're winning or losing they're going to try and ensure that happens.

My comment was only relating to the social media/ visible protest side of things. Can't remember when it was asked but iirc someone said something along the lines of would there be more stuff like the #donaldout campaign that got so much traction. At that point one of the people at the table basically said that at some stage they'll do more but that whilst performances and results are good it wouldn't be effective because a lot would criticise it. My concern is that, whilst I know they will continually be pushing for him to go, it might look to some (wrongly) that they are kneejerking based on results because the next visible campaign/ protest etc will be if and when things get worse on the pitch again and more fans will get behind it.

@Steeeeed you were on the table, am I going mad or is the above a fair summary? I'm sure they said there wouldn't be any more social media things whilst results are good but I might have somehow completely misheard!
I don’t think that’s far off however the way you said they’ll be quiet until a couple of bad results was not what was said, that’s your opinion and can give a bad impression that they will knee jerk

I think we're just getting wires crossed tbh. I know that they are of the opinion Donald should go, and they have stated that they will continue to push for that to happen in the dialogue they have with him behind closed doors. Regardless of whether we're winning or losing they're going to try and ensure that happens.

My comment was only relating to the social media/ visible protest side of things. Can't remember when it was asked but iirc someone said something along the lines of would there be more stuff like the #donaldout campaign that got so much traction. At that point one of the people at the table basically said that at some stage they'll do more but that whilst performances and results are good it wouldn't be effective because a lot would criticise it. My concern is that, whilst I know they will continually be pushing for him to go, it might look to some (wrongly) that they are kneejerking based on results because the next visible campaign/ protest etc will be if and when things get worse on the pitch again and more fans will get behind it.

@Steeeeed you were on the table, am I going mad or is the above a fair summary? I'm sure they said there wouldn't be any more social media things whilst results are good but I might have somehow completely misheard!
I don't think you two are particularly at odds in what you're saying to be fair. Ultimately we know what's been said and we know what's been promised. We will as always attempt to hold the club accountable and in the meantime we'll enjoy the wins and the points mounting up. Certainly don't want to ramp up any unneccesdary toxicity but we are clear that despite the welcome up turn in form we are still of the belief that for the long term benefit of the club things must change.

Right, I'm on the piss and almost drunk (still recovering from Goth night at Establishment!) so probably gonna back off the SMB for today :D

KTF (& FTMs!)

I don’t think that’s far off however the way you said they’ll be quiet until a couple of bad results was not what was said, that’s your opinion and can give a bad impression that they will knee jerk

To be fair I said I was worried that it might make it "seem" like they're being quiet until results turn (when they know more will back any protest/ social media campaign) and that it might open them up to accusations of knee jerking. We know they won't be knee jerking because we know they will be working behind the scenes to put pressure on Donald to sell, I'm just anxious that they might face criticism from people who are unaware of this. Also said I know why they're doing it this way though because if they keep doing Donald out things after every game when we're winning they'll get even more criticism so I accepted it's not easy for them. So I'm not trying to accuse them of knee jerking, quite the opposite. To be fair I probably just didn't word it well, so was worth pulling me up on it!

To be fair I said I was worried that it might make it "seem" like they're being quiet until results turn (when they know more will back any protest/ social media campaign) and that it might open them up to accusations of knee jerking. We know they won't be knee jerking because we know they will be working behind the scenes to put pressure on Donald to sell, I'm just anxious that they might face criticism from people who are unaware of this. Also said I know why they're doing it this way though because if they keep doing Donald out things after every game when we're winning they'll get even more criticism so I accepted it's not easy for them. So I'm not trying to accuse them of knee jerking, quite the opposite. To be fair I probably just didn't word it well, so was worth pulling me up on it!
Fair enough mate, agreed! Just concerned that fans would rather have a pop (not you) then back them for doing the right thing.

Fair enough mate, agreed! Just concerned that fans would rather have a pop (not you) then back them for doing the right thing.

Agreed mate, they've got a hard job and to be fair having gone to the meeting you can see how passionate they all are and they're doing the best they can. They'll get criticism whatever they do but we're all Sunderland fans who want the best for our club so as long as it's reasoned and respectful it's all good! And a good win to celebrate tonight, gerrin!

Back