RAWA the RR and the rest of the groups who drove SD out.

Maybe they have maybe they haven’t, however if Donald does sell on the back of some supporters groups wanting to run him out of town, then for me he isn’t the right man in charge if he is going for that reason alone. If I was so sure of my methods I would be stubborn and stay.

Still haven’t beat a team above us in the league have we? Still have an owner who doesn’t bother working in the city and run the club day to day. Still appointed his mates in high positions and have an academy that lose all their games in most age groups. If people are that bothered about being asked for their opinion turn up to some RAWA meetings and make some suggestions

Putting aside the rights and wrongs of the statement, is this correct?

What I mean is - did a handful of people at RAWA decide to put out that statement, without consulting/balloting the members? What consultation did RR do?

What entitled that handful of people to do that? What qualifies them to speak on behalf of “Sunderland fans”?

Where did they claim they were speaking on behalf of "Sunderland fans"?

Personally, I think RAWA should have consulted their members, as they are a membership organisation and it has just given Donald a really easy stick to beat them with, but I see no reason whatsoever why a website or a fanzine has to consult its readers before issuing a statement.

I cannot put any trust in Roker Report simply because of the player ratings they put out. Its as if they have agendas against certain players so in my eyes not a fair and unbiased outlook at all. How could I let these people speak for me. I have no trouble with rest who seem a fair sets of lads.

As a member of RAWA, I am really disappointed there was no consultation on the SD out statement.

It makes them look like spoilt children. He’s the owner and it’s entirely up to him if he sacks or sticks with a manager.

#theydonotspeakforme
We were playing like strangers before the RAWA announcement, now we look decent. Maybe that announcement was the rocket up the arse that the club needed.

Putting aside the rights and wrongs of the statement, is this correct?

What I mean is - did a handful of people at RAWA decide to put out that statement, without consulting/balloting the members? What consultation did RR do?

What entitled that handful of people to do that? What qualifies them to speak on behalf of “Sunderland fans”?

Yes it is. RAWA has a load of ordinary members, anyone can join. Then there are reps (one for the SMB, there's a BLC rep, LGBTQ rep, female supporters rep, disabled supporters rep and so on who are meant to be able to feedback from the group they are representing). Then there's 5 elected roles - a chair, 2 vice chairs, a secretary and a treasurer.

The RAWA members weren't polled. Furthermore the SMB rep has said that he wasn't aware they were backing the statement until he saw it, so they seemingly didn't consult the reps (or at least not all of them). That is slightly worrying for me because it sounds like it was a decision basically taken by the 5 elected people (or maybe even just the chair/ vice chairs). I think most are pretty worried about aspects of Donald's ownership, but leaving aside whether you agree on this one instance, it sets a worrying precedent if a group seemingly representing a large number of fans is actually taking decisions (major ones) based solely on a few people's views.

All this because we won a game :lol:

Donald will be gone in the summer regardless man and that was always the case, even before the statement.

This place is totally bipolar. Where were all these threads being started where people stated how outraged they were at the statement in its immediate aftermath? A couple of performances then they are everywhere you look. Granted one or two posted said they werent comfortable rawa not polling members at the time, but nowt like this. Suddenly parkinson is great and its 'donald in'.

Yes it is. RAWA has a load of ordinary members, anyone can join. Then there are reps (one for the SMB, there's a BLC rep, LGBTQ rep, female supporters rep, disabled supporters rep and so on who are meant to be able to feedback from the group they are representing). Then there's 5 elected roles - a chair, 2 vice chairs, a secretary and a treasurer.

The RAWA members weren't polled. Furthermore the SMB rep has said that he wasn't aware they were backing the statement until he saw it, so they seemingly didn't consult the reps (or at least not all of them). That is slightly worrying for me because it sounds like it was a decision basically taken by the 5 elected people (or maybe even just the chair/ vice chairs). I think most are pretty worried about aspects of Donald's ownership, but leaving aside whether you agree on this one instance, it sets a worrying precedent if a group seemingly representing a large number of fans is actually taking decisions (major ones) based solely on a few people's views.

This is what I’m getting at.

Whether you agree with the statement or not, what the f*** entitled a handful of random people - none of whom the majority of SAFC fans have ever met or heard of - to put this statement out on behalf of our support?

Who are these people and what gives them this right? They certainly don’t speak for me, albeit I can only speak for myself and I’m only one person.

It sounds like they didn’t even take the time to ballot their own members - notwithstanding the fact that their members make up a small minority of SAFC supporters.

I totally agree with what they put out but it is a bit concerning that it seems to have been put together by a handful of blokes who seem to think they can speak for everyone.

Back