RAWA RAWA/Club Meeting Minutes

:lol: Small signs of progress.

I absolutely abhor committees and large organisations lowering themselves to communicate with the small people like this.

I can't be arsed to read all the minutes. Though someone has done a neat job of writing them.

But Coleman said he has no idea if Rodwell is injured or available for selection.

The gaping gob of the Welshman completely destroyed any hope the club can take action against Rodwell.

The man's a f***ing idiot. Yet our saviour according to most
It's been stated that Rodwell is playing or at least a substitute for the under 23's. If he refused to play at all for the club then industrial relation law would make his position untenable and he could be instantly dismissed. Just like anyone who doesn't turn up for work without a valid reason. He can also claim soreness without any identifiable injury/illness and will remain an employee. He has destroyed his future through his despicable behaviour and knows this is most likely his last season of a big pay day. His £42,000 wage upon relegation is higher than the majority of league 1 clubs entire wage bill. He can be released but all his remaining wages must be paid in a lump sum upon termination, which I wish we could afford as he would lose at the top tax bracket on this. I've never witnessed something quite as disgraceful as this 'mans' actions.

Many thanks, Ghandi Floss. Very insightful. I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, tho, I'm afraid, with regard to a sale of the club. Potential is a word that much over used nowadays and usually has no value attached to it. It would appear that, all Ellis Short is doing now is stopping the club going into administration, which, if I was a POTENTIAL buyer, would put me off wanting anything to do with the club. I'm afraid that the future looks even bleaker than the recent past, IMHO:(

If the intelligencia want to raise the atmosphere then get some lads on the pitch who fkng win a few.
This'll :)

Last edited:
Don't understand why Ellis would refuse to back the team in League 1? It's not like he needs to spend millions like in the Premier League, we just need basic League One funding to let us bring in a few players that can actually do a job.

For exactly the same reason he didn't last season when we were only a league away from the riches of the Premier League again, he won't put any in than he absolutely has to.

Whilst I do see what RAWA are trying to achieve and it's admirable, the spin master that is Bain isn't going to provide any satisfaction. It's all well and good him saying he's taking things on board but he has been on record talking shit since he took the job.

Last edited:
Just read that - thanks for posting.

Do you have any input into the merchandise group @Ghandi Floss? One thing that has really narked me is the loss of t-shirts and other clothing for women and girls. We have one of the highest percentage of female supporters and it's harsh not to cater for them in the shop.

If the next meeting is before the start of next season then it'd be good to have a question about iFollow brought up.

There will be even fewer ways for exiles to watch games next season. Even if it is the shit one angle, no commentary iFollow standard it is better than nothing.

Couldn't think of anything more pitiful. Spontaneous atmosphere trumps organised atmosphere all day.
I still cringe whenever I watch highlights from the first few seasons at the stadium and hear 'I Feel Good'.
Can you please tell them not go ahead with that f***ing idea, please?

- Bert.

If the next meeting is before the start of next season then it'd be good to have a question about iFollow brought up.

There will be even fewer ways for exiles to watch games next season. Even if it is the shit one angle, no commentary iFollow standard it is better than nothing.
This as well. If we want to maintain our position as a relatively well known club with international (and non-Sunderland) fans we should be doing all we can to keep those fans on board.

Looks like an easy ride for Bain and the other club officials from these minutes. Fobbing people off with sub-groups where there is no commitment to action anything from such sub-groups is such an easy way to avoid issues .
Too many representatives keen to be polite and have a correct meeting, while nobody is holding Bain's feet to the fire.

Looks like an easy ride for Bain and the other club officials from these minutes. Fobbing people off with sub-groups where there is no commitment to action anything from such sub-groups is such an easy way to avoid issues .
Too many representatives keen to be polite and have a correct meeting, while nobody is holding Bain's feet to the fire.
I agree with you to an extent but would Bain engage RAWA at all if he was just going to be questioned on what has already happened?

I agree with you to an extent but would Bain engage RAWA at all if he was just going to be questioned on what has already happened?
Most probably not. Similarly, I don't think it's worth going back over things .
My issue is who is challenging him to produce a plan/strategy that is going to turn this around, and then hold him to it?
Also, he can't be let off the hook on the basis of everything is out of his hands until the ownership is sorted. That's not good enough. He is still, unfortunately, the CEO.
The question has to be what are you personally going to do to recover this position?

Thanks for that. Interesting and a few positives. Biggest gobshites seem to be the ones who won't even be going next season. What a surprise.

Hope the away fans get moved.

Then you completely don't get what the RAWA is for. Do you expect the club to ask advice on how to progress a sale or something?!

If the RAWA can influence what the kit looks like, where fans are situated, attitude or stewards, these are decent things and realistic.

What would you realistically want?

Im not really sure i suppose. Its just when i see our club going down the crapper and the club is answering questions about nonsense it kinda bugs me. A strip last one year and tbf is only for the kids, so im not bothered. The away fans can only come down to south stand as its the only sectioned off bit in the lower bowl. So again not bothered. Stewards ive never had an issue with so again im not bothered. Finally the atmosphere is due to the appauling way the club and team are performing and for them to come back and say "how about some clackers" is down right insulting.
Im sure rawa have the best intentions so fair play, maybe they can make a few subtle changes.

Im not really sure i suppose. Its just when i see our club going down the crapper and the club is answering questions about nonsense it kinda bugs me. A strip last one year and tbf is only for the kids, so im not bothered. The away fans can only come down to south stand as its the only sectioned off bit in the lower bowl. So again not bothered. Stewards ive never had an issue with so again im not bothered. Finally the atmosphere is due to the appauling way the club and team are performing and for them to come back and say "how about some clackers" is down right insulting.
Im sure rawa have the best intentions so fair play, maybe they can make a few subtle changes.
I get where you're coming from, I just think people need to be realistic about what any team, any business for that matter, will discuss and consult on.

If anything, I'm amazed they said anything about a takeover at all and didn't just bat it off as commercially sensitive.

For me, things like the kit, what's sold in the shops, what beer is sold, safe standing, evening games kicking off at 7.45 or 8, half time entertainment, flags and banners, arranging volunteers, away fan positions etc, these are what are realistic. Transfer budget, finer details of loan deals, Rodwell situation, whether the manager should be sacked, these are not what the RAWA could achieve.

Not saying you personally have suggested these things, but I have seen such things on here.

Going to be honest I'm pretty disappointed with that summary.

Bain just seems to pass the buck for anything bad. The agents fees for example. Was he pushed on the point, particularly given how high our spend is compared to the rest of the division? Or just allowed to effectively blame Byrne again?
Probably paid Byrne agent fees...

I get where you're coming from, I just think people need to be realistic about what any team, any business for that matter, will discuss and consult on.

If anything, I'm amazed they said anything about a takeover at all and didn't just bat it off as commercially sensitive.

For me, things like the kit, what's sold in the shops, what beer is sold, safe standing, evening games kicking off at 7.45 or 8, half time entertainment, flags and banners, arranging volunteers, away fan positions etc, these are what are realistic. Transfer budget, finer details of loan deals, Rodwell situation, whether the manager should be sacked, these are not what the RAWA could achieve.

Not saying you personally have suggested these things, but I have seen such things on here.
Agree with all this and I'll say again the one big thing that could have been influenced was the Fulham game. They did absolutely fuck all to try and help then say they might let us vote on which piece of shit we want to pay £50 for next year and oh would you fancy some clackers as well?

They don't give a shit and should be run out of town. Everyone buy a giant beef tomato today, let it soften and let them have it at the Wolves match

Agree with all this and I'll say again the one big thing that could have been influenced was the Fulham game. They did absolutely fuck all to try and help then say they might let us vote on which piece of shit we want to pay £50 for next year and oh would you fancy some clackers as well?

They don't give a shit and should be run out of town. Everyone buy a giant beef tomato today, let it soften and let them have it at the Wolves match
They've said that they had no control over it and Sky would have always got their way. They could have offered some money back but the club aren't exactly in a great situation in that regard.

Sunderland AFC have literally no power to change the kick off time/day.

Sunderland AFC have literally no power to change the kick off time/day.
I appreciate that and I appreciate they're not rolling in cash but plenty of those wankers we've watched acting like Keystone Cops for 2 years are. I would just like to have heard some noise.
Safety Bloke " bloody hell Martin our loyalest supporters have really been screwed by Sky over Fulham, people who spend all their spare cash following SAFC despite everything are really going to suffer,surely there's something we can do to placate them just a tiny bit?"
Bain "clackers?"

I appreciate that and I appreciate they're not rolling in cash but plenty of those wankers we've watched acting like Keystone Cops for 2 years are. I would just like to have heard some noise.
Safety Bloke " bloody hell Martin our loyalest supporters have really been screwed by Sky over Fulham, people who spend all their spare cash following SAFC despite everything are really going to suffer,surely there's something we can do to placate them just a tiny bit?"
Bain "clackers?"
I know you're angry at SAFC. And aren't we all.

But this isn't something to be angry about. I can't see that the club can afford to pay compensation out of their own pocket, and the clackers thing is completely unrelated and has nothing to do with it.

Be angry about Fulham away to sky/the EFL. Boycott sky for life (which any football should have done decades ago to be fair).

Be angry to SAFC about lots of other things.

Back