Raw chicken....

I've made a spicy marinade and have plastered it over some raw drumsticks and chicken thighs. Bought them fresh today and they are in the fridge. Reckon they'll be OK to cook Thursday evening which is when I return from Germany? Usually I would use raw chicken before 3 days but hoping the spice mixture will preserve for another couple of days....?
Cook them and they will still be ok to eat on your return

I've made a spicy marinade and have plastered it over some raw drumsticks and chicken thighs. Bought them fresh today and they are in the fridge. Reckon they'll be OK to cook Thursday evening which is when I return from Germany? Usually I would use raw chicken before 3 days but hoping the spice mixture will preserve for another couple of days....?
What was the sell by date on the chicken.. Might give us some indication like

What was the sell by date on the chicken.. Might give us some indication like
I can't remember and the packs are in binbagged and out for collection tomorrow morning. Should have checked. I left it all marinating for a few hours now I've boxed up and chucked in freezer till Thursday. Can defrost into Friday and then cook them. Don't want to risk poisoning my mates.

Freeze it in the marinade it'll still be nice and won't potentially ruin your weel. Had food poisoning once and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Edit. Meant to type 'week' but it works as wheel anarl

If you're marinating with an acid (lemon/lime juice, vinegar), you can't do it much longer than 30 minutes because it will disintegrate. ... If after marinating chickenthings get busy and you end up not cooking the chicken you can store the marinated chicken in the refrigerator for not more than 2 days.

Mauve is from internet but I wouldn't want to eat five day old chicken.

Back