Rate your ‘friendly’ Stewards at the SOL?

Reet dick started in the South West.

Not sure what game it was (Southend maybe) where Maguire scored a free kick.

There was a little lad about 4 or 5 standing on his seat so he could see when this baldy tit came over making him get down so he missed the goal, despite this being a section where everyone stands anyway and he says fuck all.

After visiting many many different stadiums (some new, some old, some shite and some excellent) and experiencing all levels of stewarding from corporate areas in the SOL and as far back long ago as the terraces at Roker Park. How would you rate the stewards in your particular area of the Stadium of Light?
How do they rate against other stadiums and grounds you have visited.

I think it’s a different experience being a home fan to an away fan with regards to stewarding. A lot of them seem a bit simple though

Only ever had one issue and it was with the already identified Senior Lady Steward (black blazer). Ps I’m a 67 year old who attends the match with my Wife, Daughter and Grandson. We sit in the family enclosure in the south stand, but at half time I walk along to the north east corner and have a drink with my good friend and chew over the first half. On this occasion we were playing Southend and I was making my usual walk along the pitch side when I was stopped by this very officious lady. She approached me and asked where I was going to which I replied I was going to meet my friend which I had done for many a year. To my surprise she said I was not allowed to do this as club rules states that you are not allowed to migrate around the ground, and she even offered to take my phone number and a club representative would go through it with me. To be honest I just laughed at her made my way up the steps and onto the concourse, if I hadn’t of done this there was no way in passing the Iron Lady. What a jobsworth.

Kids that havnt got a clue, pit yackers on a power trip, or the two in the south stand that gob off when they are next to the cops!

Only ever had one interaction with one, at the ticket office standing in the queue.

He came over all serious saying he’d like a word with me in private. He took me over to the cash point outside the ground asking if I’d like to buy a ticket that his mate had bought but couldn’t make it!!

I’ve heard bad reports about one of the chief stewards, a lass with loads of makeup I think.
Oh aye- “Man Woman”
No flogging spares when she is on the prowl

Never seen him for yonks.
Anyway its stadia not stadiums . Soz.
You lost me there. I didn't use either word. But if it's precision you seek, it's "it's" not "its".
I’ll always remember a few years ago one of the stewards up in the PC used to wear a cowboy hat. Nice fella by all accounts.
That weren't no stooard, pardner. That were the deppidy....

Last edited:
Anyone remember the big lass, long dark hair. who used to sit on the track in the SWC looking for anyone to have done anything wrong at all and then she would march up (slowly cause she was a right fatty) and try and chuck you out. She caused more bother than all stewards put together a few years back. Never seen her around for a while, hopefully she has been binned or moved as she just caused bother.

Used to have a laugh/banter with the stewards in the Premier Concourse when it was open...but never saw them again after it was closed ...presume they lost their jobs.?

Only ever had one interaction with one, at the ticket office standing in the queue.

He came over all serious saying he’d like a word with me in private. He took me over to the cash point outside the ground asking if I’d like to buy a ticket that his mate had bought but couldn’t make it!!

I’ve heard bad reports about one of the chief stewards, a lass with loads of makeup I think.
Aey
She’s a horror
Got a right attitude
Surprised she’s still there

What annoys me most is when they do the co-ordinated walk up the aisles twice every half, spoiling your view of the game. Don't know what the fuck they're looking for

Back