Rate your ‘friendly’ Stewards at the SOL?

The only one I see regular is the fella in the east stand stopping the little bairns moving around to the North stand for the second half..funnily enough he never seems to stop the big lads from walking past :lol:

Brother got stopped last week, sat in south stand and his son wanted to goto North Stand for 2nd half, got stopped and asked for tickets :lol:

Only ever had one issue and it was with the already identified Senior Lady Steward (black blazer). Ps I’m a 67 year old who attends the match with my Wife, Daughter and Grandson. We sit in the family enclosure in the south stand, but at half time I walk along to the north east corner and have a drink with my good friend and chew over the first half. On this occasion we were playing Southend and I was making my usual walk along the pitch side when I was stopped by this very officious lady. She approached me and asked where I was going to which I replied I was going to meet my friend which I had done for many a year. To my surprise she said I was not allowed to do this as club rules states that you are not allowed to migrate around the ground, and she even offered to take my phone number and a club representative would go through it with me. To be honest I just laughed at her made my way up the steps and onto the concourse, if I hadn’t of done this there was no way in passing the Iron Lady. What a jobsworth.
Ridiculous...one of the highlighted plus points when the stadium was being developed was that you were able to walk all around the stadium without interruption.
They are canny in the East Stand, I often have a tab in the toilets with a couple of them at half time.
Not a post coital I hope noting the ejaculation offered earlier in this thread...:eek:

Last edited:
Couple of years ago u21 match vs mags. Big fat lass steward complaining coz she weren't expecting so many fans to turn up at the pay on the gate turnstile and we complained coz the match started. After the match near St Peters some kids tried to run into the stadium coz the scum were throwing stuff in our direction. She didn't let them in. Coventry fans in box behind us in the 4-5 game. Being arse holes. Stewards did nowt. 2/10 imo

I have no problems at all with any stewards, but I will say this.

Anyone can be friendly, point to a seat etc but when it really matters is when something goes wrong, whether that be fighting, pitch invasions, things being thrown etc.

Accrington have a very friendly set of stewards in my experience, even though they do a completely over the top search of the away fans (but obviously only following orders).

I also thought the MK Dons stewards were helpful and friendly on Saturday.

I'm sure the old fella Hank mentioned had tear in his eye at at James park when Johnson scored. First time I've ever thought of stewards as humans :lol: nice touch taking our own stewards to the shit tip

After visiting many many different stadiums (some new, some old, some shite and some excellent) and experiencing all levels of stewarding from corporate areas in the SOL and as far back long ago as the terraces at Roker Park. How would you rate the stewards in your particular area of the Stadium of Light?
How do they rate against other stadiums and grounds you have visited.
Only spoke to them once when they were stopping the kids changing ends at half time so they could sit behind the goal we were attacking, I to them to get a fxxxing life, not sure that counts, wxxkers

Back