Raspberry Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had 2 just sold 1 though. Using it as an xbmc media player.

would you recommend it... i'm and a developer be trade, think these are going to take off in schools and want to get ahead now before the bairn starts using one

If you want to use exactly the same hardware then go Pi. Cheap but horribly, horribly slow.

If you want to use similar hardware but get much better performance/capabilities for a similar price, and with similar community support then look at the ODROIDs here.

I have both RPis and ODROIDs, and the latter are vastly superior. You can do a lot more with them.

If you want to use exactly the same hardware then go Pi. Cheap but horribly, horribly slow.

If you want to use similar hardware but get much better performance/capabilities for a similar price, and with similar community support then look at the ODROIDs here.

I have both RPis and ODROIDs, and the latter are vastly superior. You can do a lot more with them.
Logon or register to see this image

would you recommend it... i'm and a developer be trade, think these are going to take off in schools and want to get ahead now before the bairn starts using one
They are decent enough for the price you pay, google 'magpi' and you will find a publication which shows all the varying things that have been achieved using these.

All iv ever used it for is a media player and has served me well. Get one, theres loads of stuff you can do with them and if any take off in the schools it will be the rpi imo.

Got the B+ for Christmas off our lass, gonna chuck XBMC on it and figure out what I'm doing with it. I want to get another and put it in an old ghetto blaster, saw a couple that people have made and they look sweet.

I had one of the first batch but it was too slow to do much with. Not long after they released an improved version with double the amount of RAM so I just got shot of it. Was surprised to get back what I had paid.

Had one but dont use it now. I had XBMC on it so I coud airplay from the iPAD. Very buggy and got an apple TV instead.
I still have 1 running kodi which is streets ahead from the previous version on the rpi. Big improvement, still not the quickest but no more freezes or random reboots. Replaced my other rpi downstairs wuth a minix x8h plus, that is on another level completley.

I still have 1 running kodi which is streets ahead from the previous version on the rpi. Big improvement, still not the quickest but no more freezes or random reboots. Replaced my other rpi downstairs wuth a minix x8h plus, that is on another level completley.

The new Rpi might be a lot faster based on the specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back