Rare Youtube footage: U23s win

Two goals plus an assist from Brandon Taylor
Logon or register to see this image

VAR decision, goal disallowed as goalscorer encroached!

I'm takking the piss obviously and I like to see our players do this every penna, run in regardless as it shows commitment, passion and a will to win. 3 Huddersfield players are all stood watching yet if they'd ran in they would have probably got the ball first given which way the ball went after the save.

VAR decision, goal disallowed as goalscorer encroached!

I'm takking the piss obviously and I like to see our players do this every penna, run in regardless as it shows commitment, passion and a will to win. 3 Huddersfield players are all stood watching yet if they'd ran in they would have probably got the ball first given which way the ball went after the save.

Two of theirs are also encroaching though so it would be at least retaken

Two of theirs are also encroaching though so it would be at least retaken
Aye they are well in but only if the ball had went their way and they did something that affected play would it have been called back.

I'm surprised that something as simple as at least 1 player either side and 1 behind the striker running in isn't something defending teams do for a penna, same goes for attacking get a player to run in either side. It's as if it's down to the individual player themselves and this is top level also. Thankfully we had a player who bothered his arse and got a goal out it :cool:

Aye they are well in but only if the ball had went their way and they did something that affected play would it have been called back.

I'm surprised that something as simple as at least 1 player either side and 1 behind the striker running in isn't something defending teams do for a penna, same goes for attacking get a player to run in either side. It's as if it's down to the individual player themselves and this is top level also. Thankfully we had a player who bothered his arse and got a goal out it :cool:

Not if it went to VAR, they would have to retake it. Nowhere does the rule state has to then interfere.

Best rebound being put away I have seen was Michael Reddy against Boro, started his run the same time as the player taking it but started further outside the box. So he wasn’t encroaching but was at full pelt heading into the box rather than a standing start.

surprised more attacking teams haven’t adopted this tactic.

Not if it went to VAR, they would have to retake it. Nowhere does the rule state has to then interfere.

Best rebound being put away I have seen was Michael Reddy against Boro, started his run the same time as the player taking it but started further outside the box. So he wasn’t encroaching but was at full pelt heading into the box rather than a standing start.

I remember Lineker on MoTD being impressed.

The VAR can intervene in one of the following instances:

- A clear and obvious error by the on-field match officials relating to goalkeeper movement
- A double touch by the penalty-taker
- Feigning at the point of the kick by the taker
- Encroachment by players that has a direct impact on the outcome of the kick

The VAR can intervene in one of the following instances:

- A clear and obvious error by the on-field match officials relating to goalkeeper movement
- A double touch by the penalty-taker
- Feigning at the point of the kick by the taker
- Encroachment by players that has a direct impact on the outcome of the kick

But they would have to enforce the actual law of the game, so they would look at that then see players from both sides had encroached so it would be a retaken penalty, not a disallowed goal and indirect free kick.

Back