Rare cars you’ve seen on the road.

Owned two Capris back in the 70’s. A 1600 which I passed my test in and a 3 litre GXL with the V6 engine. I also passed up the opportunity to buy a RS 3100 which are going for megabucks these days.
I’ve had 4 , all Mk3s though , 1600 Laser , 2.0S , 2.8i Special and a 280. The last RS3100 I saw advertised for sale was up at £57,000!

I saw a Lotus Elan FHC and a Skoda Rapid Coupe (89 on a G) today.

Which to be fair is the saddest thing a sad person could do.
There was a bloke turned up next to my old unit a few years ago with one of those. He had Ferrari badges on it the lot. :lol: :lol:

My mate has an Aston Martin Vantage V8 , the DB9 style model. He has put money away since he was 21 to buy one. Finally got it last year after 25 year of saving. Paid cash.
Common as fuck now. I'd still love one mind. :lol:
When my dad had his they'd only made 10,400 in 40 odd years. It had a Mini key and door handles off an Austin or summat. :lol:
My dad was out with his mates on their motorbikes once and they called in a cafe where the old bloke had a sideline in old car parts. My dad got a cuppa and a bacon sarnie and beat the bloke down to 15 quid on the back light cluster from a Hillman Hunter or summat. The old bloke said 'they're canny rare them son, with the reverse light on' my da said you'll be f***ing devastated when find out what it's for.

:lol:

Saw an old Porsche 911 this morning driving towards Plymouth. Old s reg I think but it might have been a private plate. It was an ivory white. Mint condition and sounded throaty.
The value of them has gone through the f***ing roof in the last 5 to 10 years.

Last edited:
There was a bloke turned up next to my old unit a few years ago with one of those. He had Ferrari badges on it the lot. :lol: :lol:

Common as fuck now. I'd still love one mind. :lol:
When my dad had his they'd only made 10,400 in 40 odd years. It had a Mini key and door handles off an Austin or summat. :lol:
My dad was out with his mates on their motorbikes once and they called in a cafe where the old bloke had a sideline in old car parts. My dad got a cuppa and a bacon sarnie and beat the bloke down to 15 quid on the back light cluster from a Hillman Hunter or summat. The old bloke said 'they're canny rare them son, with the reverse light on' my da said you'll be f***ing devastated when find out what it's for.

:lol:

The value of them has gone through the f***ing roof in the last 5 to 10 years.
I’ve googled 911s and it looked like a 1960s model

Looked a bit narrower the one today and I know it’s a small detail but thinner wheels and raised up a bit.
Sorry, I know that. :lol:
It'll have been an original one. That photo is of a Singer. They take your 90s or 2000s Porsche and take it down to it's constituent parts. They then uprate the bodywork, engine, brakes, chassis, suspension, wheels, interior, paintwork, gearbox and keyring. They make it look like an early 70s RS. A bargain really as they only charge about 300 grand on top of the donor car. :lol:

It'll have been an original one. That photo is of a Singer. They take your 90s or 2000s Porsche and take it down to it's constituent parts. They then uprate the bodywork, engine, brakes, chassis, suspension, wheels, interior, paintwork, gearbox and keyring. They make it look like an early 70s RS. A bargain really as they only charge about 300 grand on top of the donor car. :lol:
It was the colour that caught my eye. A deep white like an ivory, just like a juke or quashi ;)

New Castle

Owned by a very successful Newcastle businessman.

Back