Rapidly becoming anti Ross now.

Turning point of the match was McGeady's shocking penalty. 2-0 and it's game over. It wasn't JR's fault that McGeady took an awful penalty, that Wyke missed a simple 1 on 1 chance or that O'Nien did the hard bit then bottled his shot like a wanker.

We have had times when JR has been at fault bur tonight wasn't one of them marra.
It should be but there's zero chance of that with Ross in charge, were lucky we wern't beat tonight.

Turning point of the match was McGeady's shocking penalty. 2-0 and it's game over. It wasn't JR's fault that McGeady took an awful penalty, that Wyke missed a simple 1 on 1 chance or that O'Nien did the hard bit then bottled his shot like a wanker.

We have had times when JR has been at fault bur tonight wasn't one of them marra.
I'd agree with that like, was critical of the manager for the performance down at Peterborough, but tonight the players want shooting with shit for that. Particularly the ones you've mentioned.

Same here.
Tonight I finally ran out of patience with Ross.
I really think, now is the right time, for somebody else, with fresh ideas, to come in, and shake things up, and give the team some fresh impetus, and some direction.

Maybe if McGeady doesn't take the worst Sunderland penalty in 15 years, we win the game and JR isn't actually a wanker. Just a thought.

Well tonight i have firmly planted my feet in the Ross Out camp. Absolutely woeful football. From a (Ross signing)right back that has constantly needed to be replaced by a player who doesn't want to play in that position, to a left back that was third choice in May, now finding himself as the only holder of that position. Last seasons Centre Back pairing obliterated (with good reason i may add) but they were both Ross signings. Two strikers who couldn't score in a brothel with a fiver sticking out their arse and a team that relies on individual skill to win games(when that fails it turns to ratshit though) and an all-round team that doesn't seem to have any teamworking ethic.

Way, way out of his depth, tries different teams each game hoping to hit the jackpot. Bet he couldn't pick the winner of a three horse race with two picks. Blokes a loser.
Maybe if McGeady doesn't take the worst Sunderland penalty in 15 years, we win the game and JR isn't actually a wanker. Just a thought.
Is McGeady had scored you can gaurantee it would of finished 2-2.

Last edited:
Way, way out of his depth, tries different teams each game hoping to hit the jackpot. Bet he couldn't pick the winner of a three horse race with two picks. Blokes a loser.

Is McGeady had scored you can gaurantee it would of finished 2-2.

Think probably 4-0 marra. Can't remember us losing a 2-0 lead at home for a long time. Spurs in 2002 iirc.

We weren't lucky with a draw fella.

And it wasn't Ross's fault that McGeady took probably the worst penalty since Jeff Whitley tonight.

Maybe not, but discipline is down to Ross to instil. It better not happen again...

In any case, we shouldn’t have had to rely on a penalty to win the game. Does that not speak volumes about how crap we are?

Last edited:
Sad to feel.

Desperately want this lad to suceed, seem a genuine, comitted bloke.
Dont want to revert to merry go round of gobshites n that includes fsa.
But we just make utter dogshit opponents look like barca. Even gifted early leads seem to hand us no impetus.
I keep preying we’ll finally muller someone n the shackles will come off but starting to believe that’ll never happen under this feller.
:(
The vast majority of winning managers are gobshites unfortunately. It's a dog eat dog game and nice guys usually end up as also rans. Look at lee bowyer an absolute twat as a player but got Charlton (basket case of a club) promoted and currently doing ok in the championship with all of their problems.

Where have I called him a wanker?

You don't know we'd have won the game, even at 2-0 up.
Under Ross, we are devoid of ideas, we lack purpose, we look like a bunch of strangers having a kick around on the rec, he plays players out of position, we are f***ing awful to watch.

Maybe not, but discipline is down to Ross to instil. It better not happen again...

In any case, we shouldn’t have had to rely on a penalty to win the game. Does that not speak volumes about how crap we are?

At 1-1 Wyke was though on goal with obly the goalie to beat. I'd like to think that at his age, I would've buried that chance.

And if you really believe that O'Nien's stupidity not to shoot was Ross's fault, then let's agree to disagree.

I think we were all hoping he'd do well when he came here, he had potential and could talk the talk, unfortunately the job was just too big for him. I can't help but feel if we were going to improve under him we would have seen signs by now.
I said this on the miserable walk back tonight. The job is far too big for him to the point where he is shit scared to lose. Only a matter of time now imo

At 1-1 Wyke was though on goal with obly the goalie to beat. I'd like to think that at his age, I would've buried that chance.

And if you really believe that O'Nien's stupidity not to shoot was Ross's fault, then let's agree to disagree.

A bit like their defender putting a header over the bar from 6 yards with the keeper stranded.

I didn’t mention O’Nien?!

O’Nien has a lot to learn, his decision making is frustrating. However, there was 96 minutes for us to put Rotherham to the sword. They battered us for much of the second half. It’s just not good enough.

Where have I called him a wanker?

You don't know we'd have won the game, even at 2-0 up.
Under Ross, we are devoid of ideas, we lack purpose, we look like a bunch of strangers having a kick around on the rec, he plays players out of position, we are f***ing awful to watch.

I didn't say you called him a wanker, plenty on here are incinuating it though.

I thought the first 30 minutes we played fairly well, the penalty miss visibly lifted them. Ross isn't to blame for Wyke's shocking miss, MGeady's Whitley moment, or O'Nien's brain fart with the hard bit done.

As we haven't lost a 2-0 home lead for many years (Spurs in 2002 iirc) then I think it's safe to say Rotherham wouldn't have come back.

I thought the first 30 minutes we played fairly well, the penalty miss visibly lifted them. Ross isn't to blame for Wyke's shocking miss, MGeady's Whitley moment, or O'Nien's brain fart with the hard bit done.

As we haven't lost a 2-0 home lead for many years (Spurs in 2002 iirc) then I think it's safe to say Rotherham wouldn't have come back.

Ohhhhh, hell no!
You really think it works like that?!

Palace in 2016 and it was f***ing sickening.

I've been in the minority (possibly) and said often enough on here, I'd love Ross to be successful here.
My opinion now, is he is on borrowed time.
He's just not getting the best out of his team, and the more people are dissatisfied with what they're watching, the louder the boos will become. (Fwiw, I never boo the team or manager)
Rochdale, Peterborough, Oxford and Ipswich, all played much better football than we have, this season, with a far smaller budget than we have.
Imo, we now need somebody with a different approach and fresh ideas to give the team new Impetus.

Back