RAOS

The daft thing is only a decent poster/bloke would think about deleting their account. The full blown wanker wums wouldn’t dream of it.

It’s all a bit grandiose though isn’t it? To take your online reputation so seriously that you honourably fall on your sword when you’ve posted some nonsense is probably taking an Internet football forum slightly too seriously.

I’m sure he’s a nice fella and a good Sunderland supporter as most on here will be

It’s all a bit grandiose though isn’t it? To take your online reputation so seriously that you honourably fall on your sword when you’ve posted some nonsense is probably taking an Internet football forum slightly too seriously.

I’m sure he’s a nice fella and a good Sunderland supporter as most on here will be

Being very new to this board, I don't know anywhere near to the full background to what Shaun61 posted that caused the carry on.

But if he posted something in good faith, which proved to be duff gen, surely a quick "oops sorry I was misinformed" would have sufficed, then everything would have just blown over. Or is this newbie missing something on the protocol of this board?

I just got banned on another forum... it's an american football college team forum... the mods posted a sticky saying they were eliminating match threads and would ban anyone trying to start one... and that posters would have to use some silly chatroom function during games.

i was one of many to sound off on the mods in the sticky thread... there was a mass banning event that followed.

I know a lot people complain that too many mag wums get away with bannable shit on here, but be careful what you wish for. Over-modding is far worse.

Being very new to this board, I don't know anywhere near to the full background to what Shaun61 posted that caused the carry on.

But if he posted something in good faith, which proved to be duff gen, surely a quick "oops sorry I was misinformed" would have sufficed, then everything would have just blown over. Or is this newbie missing something on the protocol of this board?

You’re right. Ultimately, what does it matters that he posted something wrong? It seems some people take things far too seriously in terms of how they’re viewed on here

Back