Ranieri has been sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ranieri should have sold marez and steptoe in the summer

The whole team was always likely perform slightly less, however those 2 had had their purple patch last season. Giving them huge new contracts probably didn't help team spirit

Ranieri should have sold marez and steptoe in the summer

The whole team was always likely perform slightly less, however those 2 had had their purple patch last season. Giving them huge new contracts probably didn't help team spirit

All very well said in hindsight but imagine selling the two players who provided the firepower to propel us to a Premier League title, it sends out the wrong message to any prospective players that we're just small time Charlies who are happy to get back in our box now we've had our success.

Imagine Sunderland winning the title and then selling all your best players off.

Yes the same Claudio Ranieri who has took the Champions of England to the brink of relegation despite spending £85m. The same Claudio Ranieri who was mocked as a joke figure on here when Leicester appointed him.
No he took a relegation team to be the champions of England. A one off and something that will always impress every football fan. Leicester are now back to their norm. You love to over rate your club so much based one one freak season. That's all it was at the end of the day

According to the Sun (I know) the senior players have attempted on 5 occassions to get him sacked this season and it started way before xmas.....Horrible bunch of scum bags.....Average players like Vardy et al being turned into multi millionairs by this guy, they will never have to work another day in their lives after their contract is up (no matter how shite they are now) and their response is to stick a knife between his shoulder blades within a few months of him taking them to the title.

They're denying this, I tend to think on the lines of there's no smoke without fire in this case.

Kasper Schmeichel looking guilty as fuck in his interview. Didn't deny he'd gone to the owner despite being asked about 10 times

They're denying this, I tend to think on the lines of there's no smoke without fire in this case.

Agreed, which is why it took 24 hours for any of them to publicly thank him and then bit by bit they all have, clearly fire fighting after the media and fans around the country have slaughtered them.

For me the most unforgivable bit about this is that they are still in the Champions league with an excellent chance of progression in just a weeks time.....Why on earth not let him stay on till then? If they win that game then he will have won the league and guided them to a Champions league quarter final place ffs? Fans, players and owners should be shot with shite..

Oh and for what its worth, if you said that Sunderland would win the title, get into the knockout stages of the Champions league but be relegated the following season I would absolutely rip your hand off for that deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, which is why it took 24 hours for any of them to publicly thank him and then bit by bit they all have, clearly fire fighting after the media and fans around the country have slaughtered them.

For me the most unforgivable bit about this is that they are still in the Champions league with an excellent chance of progression in just a weeks time.....Why on earth not let him stay on till then? If they win that game then he will have won the league and guided them to a Champions league quarter final place ffs? Fans, players and owners should be shot with shite..

Oh and for what its worth, if you said that Sunderland would win the title, get into the knockout stages of the Champions league but be relegated the following season I would absolutely rip your hand off for that deal.
Stupid post. Perhaps they think they have a better chance of winning next week if they have a new coach in by then. They were certainly lucky to still be in with any chance. He's had his contract paid up in full, or at least was entitled to that, and could be working again next month if he wants.

And in your scenario, would you just accept relegation, or at least try to do something positive to avoid it? Utter naïveté.

Stupid post. Perhaps they think they have a better chance of winning next week if they have a new coach in by then. They were certainly lucky to still be in with any chance. He's had his contract paid up in full, or at least was entitled to that, and could be working again next month if he wants.

And in your scenario, would you just accept relegation, or at least try to do something positive to avoid it? Utter naïveté.

Amazing how many people come up with the line "if you could trade winning the Premier League for relegation you'd have done it in a heartbeat".

Well yes of course we would but we didn't sign a deal with the devil. Winning the title coupled with relegation wasn't a take it or leave it choice.

We've been shocking under Ranieri this season and if the rumours are true it's because of his more and more bizarre decisions which have disenfranchised him from the the backroom staff and the players. Those of you who seen Leicester at the SOL a couple of months a go will testify how bad we looked.

It's telling that 90% of the outside world think it was the wrong decision but 90% of Leicester fans think it was the right decision.

Ranieri is not bigger than Leicester City, the owners made the decision to get rid of him to save the club from relegation and not to be relegated out of living in the past with a sense of misguided loyalty.

They won't be able to attract a big name. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go for Pardew.

Their ungrateful, sky boy fans that came out of the woodwork hounded Ranieri out.

They won't be able to attract a big name. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go for Pardew.

Their ungrateful, sky boy fans that came out of the woodwork hounded Ranieri out.

A sizeable minority of our fans would rather have Pearson back than Ancelotti, Guardiola, Mourhino, etc.

The owners love a big name so Mancini is a runner.

It's telling that 90% of the outside world think it was the wrong decision but 90% of Leicester fans think it was the right decision.

Can we take the title back off them?

Living in the past ffs. It was not even a year ago in the history of a club who haven't won the league for 133 years and wont come close for the next 133 years.

And they'll like him more than Ranieri if he keeps them up apparently. Some plodder keeping you above the drop is what it's all about. I'd rather be supporting the man who won my team the league last season and has us in the CL latter stages even if we went down than one of the usual goons that teams at the bottom of the league employ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back