Ranieri has been sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester Fan is big on statistics but seems to overlook that his team is just reverting to the norm. He frequently quotes that they got more points than anyone over 47 games, which is a reasonable sample size but to anyone outside his Leicester bubble, who can see them for what they are (a very ordinary bottom 6 side), this was a simply a very unusual blip. Unfortunately. now that blip is correcting itself, they are trying to convince themselves that their true position is that of a top side, not that of a relegation struggler. No one can take away their achievement but they are what they are, a yo yo team who achieved something statistically highly unlikely but amazing.

Those comments riled me so must have riled many others. The fans are the greatest thing about our club( with the odd exception) The abuse you have rattled on about since he left was nothing and only at his last game ffs.
Your comments about Poyet's achievements are irrelevant. His actions leading to his sacking were a disgrace. Bradford, Hull and just about every other game, we were going down, he wanted out, he didn't have the answers, was out of his depth, a bit like you on this thread.
They didn't rile me in fact I saw his point in a lot of what he said.
We were 16th there is no way you can say for certain we were going down. You said we were last season as well, How'd that work out?

They didn't rile me in fact I saw his point in a lot of what he said.
We were 16th there is no way you can say for certain we were going down. You said we were last season as well, How'd that work out?
I saw no point in what he said. You make a good point though about last season, as far as I remember we got a new manager bounce with a man who knew how to avoid relegation.

Leicester Fan is big on statistics but seems to overlook that his team is just reverting to the norm. He frequently quotes that they got more points than anyone over 47 games, which is a reasonable sample size but to anyone outside his Leicester bubble, who can see them for what they are (a very ordinary bottom 6 side), this was a simply a very unusual blip. Unfortunately. now that blip is correcting itself, they are trying to convince themselves that their true position is that of a top side, not that of a relegation struggler. No one can take away their achievement but they are what they are, a yo yo team who achieved something statistically highly unlikely but amazing.

nail on head.

I saw no point in what he said. You make a good point though about last season, as far as I remember we got a new manager bounce with a man who knew how to avoid relegation.
We didn't mind, it took a while for Sam to get it right. Wasn't until January and new signings we started to find consistency.

I don't think we have to be honest. The stick Bruce and poyet got given their relative achievements was piss poor. One got us our 3rd highest finish in over 50 year and was hounded down the tunnel whilst the otter got us to our first final in over 20 year and 16th in league (giddy heights really) and the stick he got down Bradford was a disgrace.

You know youre talking shit. Bruce was horrendous for months on end. Poyet had just slagged the fans hadnt he?

You know youre talking shit. Bruce was horrendous for months on end. Poyet had just slagged the fans hadnt he?
Exactly. Both started to have sly pops at the fans and once you start doing that it's only going to end one way.

Bruce had the best chance of any manager here since Reid and could only manage 10th & 13th. We'd kill for that now but he should have done much better with the resources he had.

I wanted it to work for poyet after the cup run and great escape, but he was too stubborn to change his system when it became clear the passing game wasn't working for us. Strangely I think had he won the cup and went down we might have stuck with him.

We've won nothing in my lifetime, if somebody does manage it, get the statue whacked up!

Premier League Champions and in the Champions League last 16 with Leicester.

Sacked.

f***ing pathetic.

I've yet to here one person come up with a footballing reason on why we should have kept Ranieri.

Everyone who is outraged by it all don't give a shit about the club or whether we survive.

I heard Ranieri got the sack when I touched down at Bristol Airport last night as he'd been sacked mid flight. Everyone I spoke to thought it was the correct decision for the welfare of the club. These are people who go to games and can see what a mess of a football team we are. Fuck sentimentality, no one outside Leicestershire will give a fuck about us when we're in the Championship, we have to look after ourselves.

I've yet to here one person come up with a footballing reason on why we should have kept Ranieri.

Everyone who is outraged by it all don't give a shit about the club or whether we survive.

I heard Ranieri got the sack when I touched down at Bristol Airport last night as he'd been sacked mid flight. Everyone I spoke to thought it was the correct decision for the welfare of the club. These are people who go to games and can see what a mess of a football team we are. Fuck sentimentality, no one outside Leicestershire will give a fuck about us when we're in the Championship, we have to look after ourselves.
No one outside of Leicestershire gives a Feck about you now.
One things for sure, Mr Ranieri has more chance of winning a European title in the future than your tin pot wankers.

I would take a title next season followed by a spell in the Championship any day. Two years ago Leicester were in the same position we are, going down anyway without winning a league title, and every one of those fans would have taken that scenario too. Leicester have the record for relegations apparently so they should know it's not the end of the world, and making up the numbers in the PL isn't that much fun.

It's not even like you're in financial trouble if you go down, most of your team hardly cost anything and you've earned a fortune from winning the league, the champions league, selling players and potential parachute payments.

I thought it would take Leicester fans years to get over winning the league, seems like it will take years for it to sink in.

Had a chance of progressing in the champions league. Away goal home game and only a 1-0 win needed

Hull, Swansea, Sunderland, Crystal Palace and Boro all likely to finish below Leicester.

Vardy and Marhez not on form but would a new manager really change that?

Jose is still hurting from his Chelsea embarrassment. He doesn't give a toss about Ranieri. Once again it's all about him.

Given that he has rarely missed a chance to have a dig at Ranieri throughout his career, that press conference performance just shows what an absolute bell he is.

Its not all about relativity though. Leicester get a title winning manager & are still in Champions League in February. Whats relative about that in their history?
I dont know if you were the OP as thread has been merged, but it was said Arsenal should not be allowed to moan because they finish top 4 every year, many Sunderland fans think that, but it is not relative and harsh on Arsenal fans. What you say about Leicester is relative and I agree.

Don't agree at all. Arsenal fans want shot with shit for the way they treat AW. They have been sucked in by the Sky drivel over the Arsenal 'barren spell' bullshit just bullshit.
He has had the league almost there for the taking for a decade but has bought people who arent good enough and tried to mould them. He has surrounded Sanchez with Coquelin, Monreal, Elneny etc when there have been miles better players available for cheaper.

Well, for what it's worth, I've just read Ranieri's statement and I think he has shown incredible dignity.

I hear all the stuff about 'no room for sentiment', 'he's taking us down' and so on. But he won Leicester the league! He obviously had something about him, and the statement shows what a class act he is.

Well, for what it's worth, I've just read Ranieri's statement and I think he has shown incredible dignity.

I hear all the stuff about 'no room for sentiment', 'he's taking us down' and so on. But he won Leicester the league! He obviously had something about him, and the statement shows what a class act he is.

There should be be room for sentiment when you win your first title in 133 years, the best manager they've ever had and they couldn't support him for more than 8 months. I would expect the guy who won us a title to be backed for a few years at least through thick and thin.

What's the alternative? only appointing some plodder who'll never achieve owt. Funny thing is if they 13th every year he'll last longer than Ranieri, because staying in the league is more important than winning the thing these days.

There should be be room for sentiment when you win your first title in 133 years, the best manager they've ever had and they couldn't support him for more than 8 months. I would expect the guy who won us a title to be backed for a few years at least through thick and thin.

What's the alternative? only appointing some plodder who'll never achieve owt. Funny thing is if they 13th every year he'll last longer than Ranieri, because staying in the league is more important than winning the thing these days.

I couldn't agree more mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back