Rangers are champions

Rangers won everything for years and then were part of a two team annual contest until they got demoted for financial irregularities.

They've powered back to the top with massive assistance from an existing fanbase and the commercial opportunities afforded to a "big club". This season they have very effectively taken advantage of an absolute collapse from the other big club in Scotland.

I've never really understood why some of our fans feel an affinity with an entitled club from Scotland that win everything and expect to win everything. It's no different to when Juventus got demoted for cheating. The cream always rises back up because the system is rigged so the big clubs win and the small clubs lose. I don't feel any reason to celebrate the fact that the structure of football has ensured that - even after financial conduct and blowing a position clubs would envy and leaving a trail of creditors that will include small traders who will have been ruined by Rangers defaulting on their commitments - the big guys win again.

Last edited:
Rangers won everything for years and then were part of a two team annual contest until they got demoted for financial irregularities.

They've powered back to the top with massive assistance from an existing fanbase and the commercial opportunities afforded to a "big club". This season they have very effectively taken advantage of an absolute collapse from the other big club in Scotland.

I've never really understood why some of our fans feel an affinity with an entitled club from Scotland that win everything and expect to win everything. It's no different to when Juventus got demoted for cheating. The cream always rises back up because the system is rigged so the big clubs win and the small clubs lose. I don't feel any reason to celebrate the fact that the structure of football has ensured that - even after financial conduct and blowing a position clubs would envy and leaving a trail of creditors that will include small traders who will have been ruined by Rangers defaulting on their commitments - the big guys win again.
Excellent post.
18/19? They lost 5 league games

Edit - it was 4 years ago they went undefeated.
That long ago aye you are right.

That was the invincibles season.

Last edited:
:oops::oops:

I remember when Rangers fans came down to the sol in 2013 when we played Chelsea. They took the piss, dishing slaps out to SAFC fans. One old fella got his nose broken at St Peters Metro after Rangers and Chelsea fans attacked him. There was a thread on here at the time about all the bother they caused. Ah no but let's stick their flag on our gates and suck them off.
Sad. Funny how they weren’t in the town centre. Isolated incidents like this by bullies in relatively out of the way places will unfortunately happen regularly around the country at a lot of clubs in the UK.

Most SAFC fans have links to our club through geography or family, whereas Rangers and Celtic have a large proportion of supporters from anywhere but Glasgow whose links are purely through religion and history from hundreds of years ago that most of them would not know about or understand if they were asked to explain it.

We are Sunderland. We are as proud as any supporters, let’s enjoy our improved form and new regime and not bother about anyone else. In their private moments Rangers and Celtic fans must be bored out of their footballing minds knowing that winning their league title means very little to the outside world in truth as there simply is no viable competition.

The fact that Rangers have won 55 titles and no one outside the old firm has won the Scottish top flight since 1985 says it all.

Last edited:
Sad. Funny how they weren’t in the town centre. Isolated incidents like this by bullies in relatively out of the way places will unfortunately happen regularly around the country at a lot of clubs in the UK.

Most SAFC fans have links to our club through geography or family, whereas Rangers and Celtic have a large proportion of supporters from anywhere but Glasgow whose links are purely through religion and history from hundreds of years ago that most of them would not know about or understand if they were asked to explain it.

We are Sunderland. We are as proud as any supporters, let’s enjoy our improved form and new regime and not bother about anyone else. In their private moments Rangers and Celtic fans must be bored out of their footballing minds knowing that winning their league title means very little to the outside world in truth as there simply is no viable competition.

The fact that Rangers have won 55 titles and no one outside the old firm has won the Scottish top flight since 1985 says it all.

The fact is it is big news though, and people ARE interested, mainly for loyalist / rebel reasons I would suggest. Numerous threads on here, all heavily trafficked. Good post though.

Pretty amazing turnaround really.
Not that I'm bothered about Scottish football. Still interesting how they've came back from where they were.

Back