Rangers and Sunderland equal sized clubs.

If we'd been playing in the Scottish league, do you think we'd of been as successful? I don't see the fuss tbh. Winning a Scottish league title doesn't fascinate me at all. Yes they've won plenty trophies. I just don't think rangers are as massive a club as people make out.

You haven't answered my question though marra :lol:

If we'd been playing in the Scottish league, do you think we'd of been as successful? I don't see the fuss tbh. Winning a Scottish league title doesn't fascinate me at all. Yes they've won plenty trophies. I just don't think rangers are as massive a club as people make out.

It's all relative though. We'd have been a Hearts type- living on past glories whilst doing nothing innour lifetimes.

Rangers have only been going for about 8 years haven't they?
We on the other hand have a proud history.
You can make that joke, but its a bit harsh considering the revenue finally admitted they made a mistake, and Rangers should never have been forced to close and become a newco.

Success or otherwise in the only country you can play your games in. What about fanbase, both domestic and worldwide, or European success.

If its based on success, then of course rangers are more successful. But would we have be more successful in Scottish leagues? Probably. Would rangers of been less successful in the English leagues? More than likely. Rangers are more known, and probably worldwide too.

But I was merely offering my opinion in it. There's no right or wrong for me, it's just my opinion. I think if they swapped leagues the success would be closely matched.

Cant fault their fanbase, but I can't fault ours either.

Celtic and Rangers are only as big as they are because of the Catholic/Protestant thing going on.

You can make that joke, but its a bit harsh considering the revenue finally admitted they made a mistake, and Rangers should never have been forced to close and become a newco.
That's not true though. The revenue said they would no longer be pursuing the penalty element of the non payment of the tax, given there's very little money left to be distributed to creditors.

When we were in the PL or Championship we had a better team on paper, not that it means much in reality.

Rangers are the bigger club whichever division we are in. They have a huge worldwide following.

When we were in the PL or Championship we had a better team on paper, not that it means much in reality.

Rangers are the bigger club whichever division we are in. They have a huge worldwide following.
Not so sure of that - same as Celtic their “worldwide” following is simply expats with a link to Scotland/Ireland. A true worldwide following is clubs like Liverpool, Man U, Real, Barca where people in Asia/ Africa support them even though they have no historical/family ties to the club

Back