Random thoughts that just pop in to your head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who first decided to cook meat and why?

The theory behind this question is intriguing. I read recently that humans are the only animal to cook food and the change that results from heating proteins and carbohydrates is a precursor to speech and brain development. Hence the magnitude of difference in intelligence between humans and our nearest genetic relative.

The theory behind this question is intriguing. I read recently that humans are the only animal to cook food and the change that results from heating proteins and carbohydrates is a precursor to speech and brain development. Hence the magnitude of difference in intelligence between humans and our nearest genetic relative.
Vegans you mean? :lol:

Do you think that it was initially an accident? I reckon the last food available was dropped in the fire but they had to eat it or else there'd be nothing and then thought 'Mmm, tasty.'

Vegans you mean? :lol:

Well, I didn't consider them, but yes, you have a valid point.

Do you think that it was initially an accident? I reckon the last food available was dropped in the fire but they had to eat it or else there'd be nothing and then thought 'Mmm, tasty.'

I don't think it's unreasonable that monkeys have eaten burnt flesh over the years, but for whatever reason (the ability to make fire?) it's not part of their staple diet and ergo, it's very rare cooked meat is on the menu.

Last edited:

It was likely an accident, but the precise mechanism you suggest is unlikely. Dropping food in a fire does not cook it, it just burns it to the point of incineration (remember, once something goes into a fire, you need to find a way to get it out of the fire, and there are no tools associated with that function at any even reasonably old hominid sites). The leading theories I've seen have been carrion or cooked tree nuts from a forest fire, accidental cooking by placing frozen meat next to a fire to thaw it (less likely than it sounds; prior to the invention of cooking, hominids did not typically range into areas with freezing temperatures), and cooking as an incidental result of someone trying to burn the fur off an animal to make it easier to butcher.

That magnitude in difference is not so prevalent on pf

I post on a private football banter group on Facebook for SAFC/NUFC fans and I've recently been away for a few days in Rome. Anyway, one of the Mags made a sarcy quip about how often I mention it like "have you been to Rome like? Never heard you mention it before", so now I make a post on the page every day about some daft thing about my holiday in Rome. Here's todays one...

This one time, in Rome if I recall correctly, our lass was frigging herself to a climax while I wanked myself off onto her tits in the hotel room. After spilling my warm love custard onto her chest I stumbled into the bathroom to wash my bellend in the sink as we were off on a tour of the Colosseum not long after. Anyway, naturally, in the comfort of my own six star hotel room I thought neeone could see me and they normally wouldn't have been able to if not for an opened window and a series of unfortunately positioned mirrors inside my suite. Next thing I know I hear the blaring of a coaches horn and a load of wooping Juventus fans, who just happened to be travelling to the Stadio Olympico that day to play Roma, who could see me with my foreskin pulled back and my wilting cock stretched so as to reach under the tap. Embarrassing situation but a great few days away on the whole. Rome this was by the way.

...especially funnier if you know the backstory and the 'call-backs' I'm doing. I just post stuff like this on there every day now. Think I'll do it every day up til start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back