RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS

Not particularly an act of kindness but canny funny.

My daughter (she was 22 at the time) and me were crossing Ryhope road, grangetown, at the traffic lights - towards ocean road

Lights are on red to cross, this old woman walks up to the crossing and starts to cross. I grabbed her coat pulled her back a few seconds later the traffic wizzes by horns blaring.

When I looked at her it was obvious she couldn’t see so well (lipstick all ower) so I tell her about how dangerous this road is and help her across and to her bus stop (she’s going to visit her mate in ryhope).

She says “thanks very much son” then pulls me down to her level and whispers “you make a lovely couple”

When I told my daughter she was gutted, of course I was chuffed and couldn’t stop laughing about it. I f***ing love old people.

My daughter (she was 22 at the time) and me were crossing Ryhope road, grangetown, at the traffic lights - towards ocean road

Lights are on red to cross, this old woman walks up to the crossing and starts to cross. I grabbed her coat pulled her back a few seconds later the traffic wizzes by horns blaring.

When I looked at her it was obvious she couldn’t see so well (lipstick all ower) so I tell her about how dangerous this road is and help her across and to her bus stop (she’s going to visit her mate in ryhope).

She says “thanks very much son” then pulls me down to her level and whispers “you make a lovely couple”

When I told my daughter she was gutted, of course I was chuffed and couldn’t stop laughing about it. I f***ing love old people.
Pics?

When I started this thread I didn't expect such an overwhelming response!

There are some fantastic posts on here and the random acts of kindness (both given and received) ranging from routine to lifesaving are quite humbling.

For everyone who has given a random act of kindness, well done. For those who haven't, it's worth trying sometime ... even just a small effort. As well as helping others you will be surprised at how good it makes you feel.

christmas 2018 I saw someone on my social media who looked like they were gonna struggle that christmas. Sent a message asking if they needed any help and they reluctantly sent me an amazon list of presents their daughter wanted and said it would be appreciated if I could get something from the list. I bought the whole list.
You diamond. What a lovely thing to do. Superstar.

Have you seen my post and yours just confirmed it ? Old people are dangerous

Helped an old biddy and her shopping cart thing off the bus yesterday as it hadn't been stopped close enough to the kerb. She gave me a wave as we pulled away.

Unfortunately the only reason I was on the bus was because I was heading home with an awful cold. She's probably dead now. :(

Bus driver just let me on for free. Random act of kindness greatly received 😁
When I was at Wembley for our play off final last May, we were heading to a pub called the Torch, but it was rammed, so we jumped on a bus to get a few pre match pints elsewhere.
I didn't realise the London buses were cashless, and the driver let me on the bus for free. 👍
What a pity the Charlton team weren't as charitable on the pitch. ☹

Helped an old biddy and her shopping cart thing off the bus yesterday as it hadn't been stopped close enough to the kerb. She gave me a wave as we pulled away.

Unfortunately the only reason I was on the bus was because I was heading home with an awful cold. She's probably dead now. :(
Old Bird Flu
When I was at Wembley for our play off final last May, we were heading to a pub called the Torch, but it was rammed, so we jumped on a bus to get a few pre match pints elsewhere.
I didn't realise the London buses were cashless, and the driver let me on the bus for free. 👍
What a pity the Charlton team weren't as charitable on the pitch. ☹
They started off very charitable but let themselves down at the end

Last edited:
Was walking home from school in gale force winds and rain when I saw an old couple the bloke fell ower and she was struggling to help him back up so I sprinted ower and helped the bloke back to his feet and asked if he was ok. Nowt special and they thanked me and went on their way but it made me feel really good at the time it’s 23 years ago or so but I still remember it and the feeling it gave me. Helping someone out even just a little thing like that can make you feel great, it’s why I don’t understand why we arnt a more kinder society as being kinder to each other can be a very rewarding feeling.

Was walking home from school in gale force winds and rain when I saw an old couple the bloke fell ower and she was struggling to help him back up so I sprinted ower and helped the bloke back to his feet and asked if he was ok. Nowt special and they thanked me and went on their way but it made me feel really good at the time it’s 23 years ago or so but I still remember it and the feeling it gave me. Helping someone out even just a little thing like that can make you feel great, it’s why I don’t understand why we arnt a more kinder society as being kinder to each other can be a very rewarding feeling.
I think on the whole we are.

When I opened this thread on 12th February, like everyone else I had no idea of what was to come over the subsequent 7 weeks!

Anyway we are where we are now and more than ever there are random (and planned) acts of kindness being undertaken not just in the North East but UK wide.

Well done to those who have done something, no matter how small.

Now, more than ever we all need to do our bit so if you can carry out your own random acts of kindness, go for it!

Back