RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS

Took my lad for a walk to the shop. He is 4 and autistic and whilst he likes being outside that's no mean feat. I promised him an ice cream and a drink when we got there. When we arrived he chose what he wanted and as I went to pay I remembered I had gotten a new phone and my card wasn't registered. I couldn't pay - this would end terribly. The lovely lady behind the counter pulled her own purse out of her pocket and paid for it. I drove back later with a bottle of wine and some chocolates but I was quite touched.
I always have an abiding memory of my sister. We went swimming at the Crowtree and afterwards went into McColls. She was probably 6 at the time.

Bought a little bit of ket but she wanted something specific which I didn’t have enough cash for. She had a proper melt down and some lovely lady bought it for her.

When I was a lad, I moved down south to work for a short while. I got off the train at Angmering and started walking to Rustington where my digs were. Two old ladies pulled over in a car and asked where I was going. I told them and they told me to put my bags in the boot and they dropped me off at the door.

When I was a lad, I moved down south to work for a short while. I got off the train at Angmering and started walking to Rustington where my digs were. Two old ladies pulled over in a car and asked where I was going. I told them and they told me to put my bags in the boot and they dropped me off at the door.

Owt could have happened to you. You got lucky imo.

Last week I was in Lidl stocking up on beer for the weekend.

I put the bottles on the belt and put the divider thingy down, old couple behind me.

The old fella asks what beer I was buying, told him, he' said something like I'll give it a try sometime, his mrs said something about not having the money to waste on booze.

I paid for the beer, waited until they had got their stuff then gave the bloke two bottles.

He was properly over the moon while his mrs just looked shocked.

A couple of quid to see someone that happy was a very small price to pay.

Years ago me and @sproates33 were driving up Springwell Village bank in the Winter with snow coming down. There was a pissed up old bloke lying in the road. We got out to check if he was alright and he said he was fine and was walking home but he was going in the complete opposite direction as he apparently lived in Washington Village. So we helped him into the car and drove him home and helped him into his house to make sure he was alright.

Years ago me and @sproates33 were driving up Springwell Village bank in the Winter with snow coming down. There was a pissed up old bloke lying in the road. We got out to check if he was alright and he said he was fine and was walking home but he was going in the complete opposite direction as he apparently lived in Washington Village. So we helped him into the car and drove him home and helped him into his house to make sure he was alright.
I also found a purse in a taxi, Located the lass through FB (when i had it years ago) and arranged to drop it off, she was over the moon.

Few weeks later i lost my wallet, didn't get that back though :evil:

Act of kindness to me was when i was at a Dortmund game last year, we bought tickets outside the ground so me and all my mates were in all different areas. I was in the queue for a beer at HT, a Dortmund fan noticed i didnt have a card which you needed to top up to buy a pint. We had abit crack and he got me a pint on his card, i offered him the money but he wouldn't take it. Stood with him for 10 minutes and he asked who i supported in England etc, He also asked me how much i paid for the ticket today. He was digusted that i was forced to pay so much off a tout and thanked me for coming to watch his team, He gave me his Dortmund scarf and said he would follow Sunderland AFC from that day (the poor bloke) :)

Last week I was in Lidl stocking up on beer for the weekend.

I put the bottles on the belt and put the divider thingy down, old couple behind me.

The old fella asks what beer I was buying, told him, he' said something like I'll give it a try sometime, his mrs said something about not having the money to waste on booze.

I paid for the beer, waited until they had got their stuff then gave the bloke two bottles.

He was properly over the moon while his mrs just looked shocked.

A couple of quid to see someone that happy was a very small price to pay.
he does that every week! he waits until people are buying beer and queues behind them.

I actually had another experience today bizarrely. Not up north though as I'm a southern softie these days. At work today I pulled the ligaments in my ankle. It's gross and it f***ing hurts. After a trip to A+E and an x-ray and pain killers etc I was eventually discharged with no break. I was told I couldn't use the wheelchair they had me sit in to get to the car. I had to hobble... After like 5 minutes of hobbling a lovely old lady pulled up next to me in her mobility scooter and said I could use it and she would walk with me. I didn't take her up on it, but I did hobble along by the side of her with her support. She was lovely.

When I was a DJ/childrens entertainer I was reading the Northern Echo in early December when I read about how a kids community centre had been robbed locally and the money earmarked for their annual christmas party had been taken.

I offered my services for free for the 4 hour party, playing party games etc and keeping about 100 kids entertained to boot.

I had a twin sister who was born with a huge range of disabilities, back in the early 50's, in Sunderland when there was so little awareness so I've always had an eye for the underdog.
Years ago I was living in a little village (hi @ Swindon on tour) and outside the house I lived in was the village bench.
One bitter night I noticed this youngish bloke sat outside shivering. Later as I was thinking about bed I looked outside and he was still there.
Went out and it turns out he was one of lifes casualties. Over the next few hours I got his life story out of him over endless pots of of tea in the kitchen and it was pitiful. Lost his Mum very early doors, neglected by his overwhelmed and grieving Dad, his first day at school having to turn up alone and unaccompanied, then later on depression onset and mild mental health issues. He'd ended up that night homeless and totally unequipped to deal with his situation.. Upshot is I put him up in the spare room where he ended up living for the next three years as my lodger. Eventually he had a breakdown but I managed to get him the help he needed and he went on to make a bit of a better life for himself. I don't know if I would be quite so kind these days, I look back and think I must have been mad, but I was younger in those days and had the confidence of being a strong and heathy bloke in my prime. But I do hope I'd find it in my heart to do so again. Some lovely stories on this thread. It's good to have an open heart.

Back