RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS

ERIMUS1876

Full Back
The general perception in the North East is that we are a generally friendly and helpful bunch, so to get a positive thread going ...

What's the most random act of kindness you have received from someone you didn't know or similarly is there an act of kindness you have provided to a stranger that you are proud of?

On NY day saw an old lady waiting at the bus stop. Told her there were no buses that day.

Felt sorry for her as she had obviously made an effort to get dressed up for a trip into town.

Hope she was OK as she was on her own.
😂

The general perception in the North East is that we are a generally friendly and helpful bunch, so to get a positive thread going ...

What's the most random act of kindness you have received from someone you didn't know or similarly is there an act of kindness you have provided to a stranger that you are proud of?
Found a pay packet, remember them, in 1977 outside backhouse park. Me dad rang people from the phone book, remember that, and this lads mam brought him round, and gave me a £5, worth a fortune today, as a reward. My mam made me my favourite pie cos she was so proud of me, top day.

I saw an old lady walking up the side of the A19 near Wolviston a few years back so I parked at the next layby (might have been a farm entrance) and walked back to see what the crack was. It became pretty clear she hadn't a scooby (dementia) so took the poor old dear back to the police station in Stockton. Got a nice thank you call from her relatives.

On the receiving end, I've had a lost wallet posted to me two or three times.

I often do random kind acts, usually for elderly or disabled customers, out of my remit, during my working day. Something miniscule that can take you 60 seconds of your day that makes a big difference to someones life, can be as daft as sorting a telly out in a bedroom or whatever.
Is that not just called your job ? I dont recall a time in life where I've ever has the chance to randomly help someone sort out a telly in their bedroom.

Down Morrisons at Seaburn a couple of years ago..an old woman in front of me at the bit where you put the lottery on..she was there to pay a bill but Morrisons didn't accept the bank giro type bill she was trying to pay..the lass in Morrisons explained that the nearest one was the 'One Stop' shop on Sea Road..the old woman was explaining that the bill needed paying that day..i spoke to her and explained that I was going that way and would happily give her a lift to the shop..she accepted and I took her to the shop..she phoned her daughter from my car and explained what she was doing..after she paid her bill I stayed with her outside the shop till her daughter arrived to pick her up..still waiting for my knighthood like.

Back