Raise a glass for one of our supporters tonight

Frank_1976

Central Defender
Close family friend was a die hard supporter of Durham CCC and went to all the matches (and I mean all) and held his club membership for nearly 40+ years by his own calculations.

A die hard of the Don Robson Pavilion, a gentleman and an all round nice bloke.

Will be missed at the ground come this next season.

Funeral was today.

Last edited:

I've just heard of the passing of a man called Robin who I have sometimes sat with. He was a member who sat in the Don Robson stand. Lovely man and I'm very sad to hear this news, he was very knowledgeable and always enjoyed talking to him about Sunderland and Pools

I've just heard of the passing of a man called Robin who I have sometimes sat with. He was a member who sat in the Don Robson stand. Lovely man and I'm very sad to hear this news, he was very knowledgeable and always enjoyed talking to him about Sunderland and Pools
This was the chap, he had a sister as well I believe. Lovely chap, used to pop by for a cuppa a few times a month when I didn’t see him at the ground. Very fond of SAFC and all things cricket. Will be missed for sure bless him.

This was the chap, he had a sister as well I believe. Lovely chap, used to pop by for a cuppa a few times a month when I didn’t see him at the ground. Very fond of SAFC and all things cricket. Will be missed for sure bless him.
Yeah got a message last night via a lad I know through the cricket and he attended the funeral at Durham. Very sad news, occasionally sat with them and he always had time to talk about Pools and Sunderland, knew his stuff about sport. A genuinely nice pleasant man who will sadly be missed especially by the two lads who sat with him for years.

Yeah got a message last night via a lad I know through the cricket and he attended the funeral at Durham. Very sad news, occasionally sat with them and he always had time to talk about Pools and Sunderland, knew his stuff about sport. A genuinely nice pleasant man who will sadly be missed especially by the two lads who sat with him for years.
I met him at the funeral, was a nice bloke and unfortunately had to dash off to another funeral right after over in Washy. Very sad indeed. It was very sudden as well. Smaller and smaller number of proper club supporters these days as well which is a terrible shame.

I met him at the funeral, was a nice bloke and unfortunately had to dash off to another funeral right after over in Washy. Very sad indeed. It was very sudden as well. Smaller and smaller number of proper club supporters these days as well which is a terrible shame.

Yeah that will have been Alan from Washington who you spoke to, Durham daft lovely bloke and also Dave I believe was in attendance, both good lads who me and my wife got to know via the cricket, great people. They both spoke highly of Robin. The club have lost some very loyal supporters in recent years, I always worry this time of the year.

Yeah that will have been Alan from Washington who you spoke to, Durham daft lovely bloke and also Dave I believe was in attendance, both good lads who me and my wife got to know via the cricket, great people. They both spoke highly of Robin. The club have lost some very loyal supporters in recent years, I always worry this time of the year.
Yes it was Alan I met, didn’t want to put names on here but yes he was a lovely chap. Robin talked about him and Dave a fair bit actually. Always enjoyed the conversations. He actually introduced me to this forum, he was an avid reader but never posted I don’t think

Back