Rail Seating in the Roker End

Would you be for or against having rail seating/safe standing installed?

• In favour

Votes: 175 93.1%
  • Against

Votes: 13 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

“84/85 milk cup season was my first encounter in there.. was like a zoo in there at times.. some absolute characters .. I struggle to remember what I did yesterday , but can remember many happy/ crazy occurrences in there almost 40 yrs ago.. crazy.
You remember big ginger bloke used to come in 2:55 absolutely steaming? Ginger Bob he was known as. Also 'The Turbinator'?? Some right characters🤣🤣

Playing devils advocate here:
What gain is there from safe standing in an area where fans already stand "safely"?
At Chelsea it actually reduced the capacity!
So potentially reduced capacity for no additional benefit at what I imagine would be a great expense to the club?
Am I missing something? I must be based on the poll results, right?

Wye aye.. as a teenager I had my first experience with alcohol with Ginger Bob .. I was bloody mortal .. and that was just off the sheer amount of Double Maxim seeping from his every pore as he stood nxt to me !
How he made it up those stairs at back of the Fulwell every other sarada..

Wye aye.. as a teenager I had my first experience with alcohol with Ginger Bob .. I was bloody mortal .. and that was just off the sheer amount of Double Maxim seeping from his every pore as he stood nxt to me !
How he made it up those stairs at back of the Fulwell every other sarada..
🤣🤣..absolutely legend ginger Bob was. He was my mates uncle. You could hear his voice coming up the stairs before you seen him. Always steaming!🤣

🤣🤣..absolutely legend ginger Bob was. He was my mates uncle. You could hear his voice coming up the stairs before you seen him. Always steaming!🤣
As teenagers when we smelt/ heard and seen him ( in that order) staggering up the stairs.. as it was a highlight of a match day for us . We would say to each other laughing , in an early 80’s style advert voice “ cologne de Maxim ...for the man about town” 😂😂.. what a ledge man !

As teenagers when we smelt/ heard and seen him ( in that order) staggering up the stairs.. as it was a highlight of a match day for us . We would say to each other laughing , in an early 80’s style advert voice “ cologne de Maxim ...for the man about town” 😂😂.. what a ledge man !
:lol::lol::lol: Tremendous!!

What gain is there from safe standing in an area where fans already stand "safely"?
So potentially reduced capacity for no additional benefit at what I imagine would be a great expense to the club?
Supposed to be safer as you've got more room to move around than if you're crammed in with a row of seats.

Also gives people the option to be in a standing section, rather than taking it upon themselves to stand when others might not want or be able to.

The gain is its actually permitted.

Back