Rail Seating in the Roker End

Would you be for or against having rail seating/safe standing installed?

• In favour

Votes: 175 93.1%
  • Against

Votes: 13 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why does it have to be installed in the Roker End? I think a new singing section and safe standing should be north west upper, next to the away fans. More atmosphere when there is a bit to and fro between fans.A more left wing section, like the ultras of St pauli, livorno, rayo vallecano, boca juniors, marseille. The unity amongst these fans are second to none, as they are inclusive to everyone (gay, black, women), and are extremely anti fascist. The embarrassing knee booers can stay in the roker end, whilst a new, louder , less fascist, more organised, section springs up in the north west upper

Love the thought of a more politically minded, engaged, progressive and youthful supporters group, but unfortunately the Tories have fucked any sense of working class solidarity in the north east and most 'blokes' would wince at the thought of being 'left wing'.

The north upper sounds utterly horrendous though. We should be hitting home the fact that the south stand and SWC is our home end. It's big enough and does a good job most of the time. And the bairns section to the SEC makes it a good set up. I don't think we're ever going have a raucous element bigger than one end of the ground. The east, west and north stands will always be quiet boring bastards

Love the thought of a more politically minded, engaged, progressive and youthful supporters group, but unfortunately the Tories have fucked any sense of working class solidarity in the north east and most 'blokes' would wince at the thought of being 'left wing'.

Can't keep blaming the Tories, mate. Loads of EDL types 'round these parts making their own decisions to be EDL types. The cold, hard truth is we have a lot of racist, anti-social types 'round here and the only thing keeping them in check was a community steeped in Labour history. Many people tow the unwritten rules of the community, until they get the chance to show their true colours. 'Probably always there, only now there's no community pressure to hold certain values; and so every idiot and his dog has come out of the woodwork. The starry-eyed view of the working-classes, is more than likely an illusion.

Can't keep blaming the Tories, mate. Loads of EDL types 'round these parts making their own decisions to be EDL types. The cold, hard truth is we have a lot of racist, anti-social types 'round here and the only thing keeping them in check was a community steeped in Labour history. Many people tow the unwritten rules of the community, until they get the chance to show their true colours. 'Probably always there, only now there's no community pressure to hold certain values; and so every idiot and his dog has come out of the woodwork. The starry-eyed view of the working-classes, is more than likely an illusion.
I know what you mean, but 12 years of these tories, have definitely played a part in dividing (destroying) the working class. Especially the so called culture warriors in government now

aye i know what you mean, i guess there has always been a darker, underside to the working class, it just seems to be massive these days
I know what you mean, but 12 years of these tories, have definitely played a part in dividing (destroying) the working class. Especially the so called culture warriors in government now

30-40 years of chipping away at us

I think the most logical place to put safe standing in is where our crowd already stand and its now engraved in.

So basically thats the Roker end and around SWC corner.

Theres a bizarre natural end point where u17 all stand and suddenly u18 all sit.

I'm not sure whether it's the same at U12 and U13 end of the roker end.

But to put it there would be zero change to anyone other than be 'safer'

Not to give the scum any credit, but they've already sold season tickets in the home end so it's giving the home fans a seasons notice.

Being optimistic, it’ll happen for the start of next season. As a fan base, we need to push it. The mags having it could do us a favour, as it may cause increased pressure on the club.

There’s a roker end meeting on Thursday for all the fan groups to come up with a common direction moving forward.

Back