Rail Seating in the Roker End

Would you be for or against having rail seating/safe standing installed?

• In favour

Votes: 175 93.1%
  • Against

Votes: 13 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it ok for people to have a different view to you mate ..just asking!

We all diaphragm breathe its what creates the negative pressure for the air to flow into the lungs ..we would literally be fecked without it!

As I said mate, some people just don’t think we should stand at all? That may be their opinion and it certainly isn’t for me to tell them they’re wrong!

Yeah, I agree. I think it's worth having a response to costs when it is inevitably used as a reason to wait.

I think most people would be willing to pay a bit extra for it. It would also help with a self policing element. If you saw someone regularly trying to sneak in you’d say “oi, we pay more to be here. Fuck off”

As I said mate, some people just don’t think we should stand at all? That may be their opinion and it certainly isn’t for me to tell them they’re wrong!
Ii personally don't have any problem with sectioned off rail seating as it will allow people to stand without breaking ground regulations.I do however believe if people think its going to bring back some sort of Roker atmosphere are going to be severely disappointed!

I think most people would be willing to pay a bit extra for it. It would also help with a self policing element. If you saw someone regularly trying to sneak in you’d say “oi, we pay more to be here. Fuck off”
"Pay extra to stand"!...fekking worlds going mad!.......Its not what happens in europe .....I think thats partly the problem with implementation some clubs have a finite fanbase they will lose revenue because i dont think people will pay more to stand they will rightly want to pay less.

I do however believe if people think its going to bring back some sort of Roker atmosphere are going to be severely disappointed!

Who knows. I grew up going to Roker Park, and in my opinion most of the better atmospheres have been at the new ground. So, the passion is still there, that hasn't gone out of SAFC's following. Standing does add something to your behaviour during the match. It just doesn't feel right sat down trying to get an atmosphere going. Sitting down is for watching the tele not being passionate about the football club.

It was all a load of bollocks anyway. Standing up at the match didn't cause the problems at say Hillsborough. Among the Conservative Party and associates, it had been planned for a long time to smash all working class institutions (documented fact). So, when the opportunity came along, they had us all sat down like middle class entertainment seekers. It's never been the same since all seater grounds, Sky, Premier League, and where you probably do have a point is that it won't be allowed to develop into a situation where the crowd gets a bit too unruly. 'Can't have that when there is money to be made from foreigners through advertising sanitised English football.

Is it ok for people to have a different view to you mate ..just asking!

We all diaphragm breathe its what creates the negative pressure for the air to flow into the lungs ..we would literally be fecked without it!

Most people only breathe into the top half of the lungs - it's passive diaphragm breathing. I'm talking about active diaphragm breathing, which is a standard technique used by trained singers. It requires initiating the breath from underneath the diaphragm by using the transverse abdominal muscles. You can tell when someone's doing it because there's no chest expansion, but an expansion beneath the diaphragm; my teacher used to check I was doing it properly by putting their hands on my sides about waist level and making sure the expansion was happening there. You can spot a very good singer if they're wearing a tie or necklace, because it literally won't move on the inbreath.

Ii personally don't have any problem with sectioned off rail seating as it will allow people to stand without breaking ground regulations.I do however believe if people think its going to bring back some sort of Roker atmosphere are going to be severely disappointed!

I’d say at least 25% of the people in the South Stand never even went to Roker Park.

Even though its been allowed can't see many clubs (particularly in the Championship) having it in place for the start of the season and that's without the logistics of moving/asking season ticket holders in the affected areas if they want to stand instead.

I’d say at least 25% of the people in the South Stand never even went to Roker Park.
Probably more .and your point is?
Most people only breathe into the top half of the lungs - it's passive diaphragm breathing. I'm talking about active diaphragm breathing, which is a standard technique used by trained singers. It requires initiating the breath from underneath the diaphragm by using the transverse abdominal muscles. You can tell when someone's doing it because there's no chest expansion, but an expansion beneath the diaphragm; my teacher used to check I was doing it properly by putting their hands on my sides about waist level and making sure the expansion was happening there. You can spot a very good singer if they're wearing a tie or necklace, because it literally won't move on the inbreath.

Its just a poor as it implies were not always using our diaphragm to breathe(whether sitting ,standing or lying down)..which we are!

Its just a poor as it implies were not always using our diaphragm to breathe(whether sitting ,standing or lying down)..which we are!
There is no capacity increase. There is a still a seat/space - it's just locked upright while the area is used for standing, and down where a game is required to be all seated (eg European matches).
I'm not sure that's true in Germany its more than one person per space......I doubt they will o that over here mind!

Last edited:
Probably more .and your point is?

I'm not sure that's true in Germany its more than one person per space......I doubt they will o that over here mind!

You’re saying people would want it to bring back some kind of Roker Park atmosphere, when by your own admission a fair chunk of them have no idea what a roker atmosphere is.

I have no problems with safe standing provided those who want to sit can, particularly at away games.
All away games should just be unallocated seating anyway. If you are in the minority who do want to sit go to the first couple of rows and let the rest to just stand wherever they want with the mates

Back