Rail Seating in the Roker End

Would you be for or against having rail seating/safe standing installed?

• In favour

Votes: 175 93.1%
  • Against

Votes: 13 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I would be in agreement provided everyone in a non rail area renained seated.

I think it would be a lot easier for the club to enforce sitting in sitting areas if a standing area was provided.
The club are happy for it to be installed but until people in that stand behave, the safety committee won’t allow it

Likewise, installing rail seating would get rid of the issue of persistent standing, which is one of the biggest challenges we face.

Last edited:
I think it would be a lot easier for the club to enforce sitting in sitting areas if a standing area was provided.

Likewise, installing rail seating would get rid of the issue of persistent standing, which is one of the biggest challenges we face.

The biggest challenge in the said stand is overcrowding mate. Until that is addressed, safe standing won’t be given the approval.

The stuff that goes on within the concourses also doesn’t help

Aye, the migration of fans to the back is the underlying cause of the majority of problems. There are a few ideas being discussed to solve this problem.

It needs to stop like mate so hopefully something can be done. I know the stewards in the south stand are subject to awful abuse on a match day, which is totally out of order.

The sad thing is, those migrating to the stand - and of course those acting themselves on the concourse- are actually spoiling it for the rest

It needs to stop like mate so hopefully something can be done. I know the stewards in the south stand are subject to awful abuse on a match day, which is totally out of order.

The sad thing is, those migrating to the stand - and of course those acting themselves on the concourse- are actually spoiling it for the rest

Agreed. They’re all issues various groups are working together to fix.

Stewarding is one issue. There’s stewards who stand at the back of the stand who don’t challenge people when they’re clearly squashed in. All of the experienced stewards left the club during covid and have found other work.

How easy it is to migrate is another issue. We’re looking at ways to prevent that.

Back