Rage Against the Machine Leeds and Reading 2020

Wanted to see Rage for years now but pleased I thought better of going to Leeds. The 1975 man FFS. :lol:
Yeah ….i was at that show too !

Stereos headlining ahead of Slipnot, Blink and Rage ?
Phonics were canny big at the time like - mainstream big. The others were/are a bit more niche/alternative. Certainly over here.

Look how far down the bill QOTSA are - still a couple of years before No One Knows and Songs for the Deaf.
A rapper I've never heard of has done the same. Pretty snide by the bands (not RATM as you can't help an injury). If you've committed to an event you shouldn't cancel it for another gig. Vampire Weekend did the same once. They were supposed to supporting The Young Knives but their song was getting radio play so they pulled out of the tour. Poor show.
I suppose things might have gotten a bit awkward if the support band were outshining the headliner.

Last edited:
Possibly my favourite ever gig was Rage Against the Machine at Finsbury Park, the crowd were insane

Yeah it's brilliant. Released as a live film. Think it was a free gig to say thank you for getting the Christmas number one. I saw them in 07 or 08 and they were brilliant but nothing like the Finsbury park gig!

Very sad news.

Yeah it's brilliant. Released as a live film. Think it was a free gig to say thank you for getting the Christmas number one. I saw them in 07 or 08 and they were brilliant but nothing like the Finsbury park gig!

Very sad news.

Opening with 'Testify' was intense, it's one of few gigs I wish I could go back in time to and relive

Possibly my favourite ever gig was Rage Against the Machine at Finsbury Park, the crowd were insane
I saw them there back in 1997 I think it was when the supported KISS on the final show of their Reunion Tour - I think Skunk Anansie, Thunder and I think it was Three Colours Red too. I was there for KISS but RATM were absolutely brilliant.

I saw them there back in 1997 I think it was when the supported KISS on the final show of their Reunion Tour - I think Skunk Anansie, Thunder and I think it was Three Colours Red too. I was there for KISS but RATM were absolutely brilliant.

Three Colours Red, there's a blast from the past. The lead singer tried chatting up a female mate of mine at Glastonbury one year (97 I think?)

I've still got my gig ticket. I'll take a photo when I get home. I did not know why I decided to do it but I liked proper gig tickets so decided to keep them afterwards from when I was about 17 and onwards. Got some great ones

Back