Raffertys steak and wine bar

being renovated at the moment on North Bridge street.
Anyone got any info on owners etc, good to see new places pop up but I’m not sure if they have done their demographics right for that location.
Little or no passing footfall, not an
Abundance of chimney pots etc

People coming in and out the other day who looked to be the owners/managers directing people where to take the furniture/fittings from the vans outside, looked like chavs to me.

Hope not as you can’t beat a decent steak if it turns out to be one

trouble is with these places theres too many two bob millionares go in, not enough humble bums on seats, they`d rather go to greggs for bakers treats

last one i promise

That street will benefit from the changes to the road system and the improvements made on it.

At the moment you never get to drive right past any of those restaurants unless you're a bus. Also parking space isn't abundant there either.

Hopefully the changes being made now will be enough for them to succeed.

Easto seems to be ok, strange as when I got a takeaway from there I thought it was shyte, however it seems to be full of the local students so must be doing something right

I think it got reviewed well in the Guardian a few years ago - maybe it has got better or is very authentic?

28th on this list suprisingly, I never bother with Chinese food in the UK for fairly obvious reasons

The 40 best restaurants in Britain

I think it got reviewed well in the Guardian a few years ago - maybe it has got better or is very authentic?

28th on this list suprisingly, I never bother with Chinese food in the UK for fairly obvious reasons

The 40 best restaurants in Britain

I’m pretty sure it’s closed down ? It certainly was earlier on in the year unless it has reopened since ? Marked as closed down on trip advisor

We used to eat there quite regularly , the lamb and spring onions dish was worth the visit on its own but last visit he had a really bad reaction to MSG and not bothered since , probably because Liking is so good locally

Last edited:

Back