Radio

If I've got the radio on in the car I tend to skip between 6 Music, some of the Absolute stations and Radio X. Main problem with them is getting a DJ who likes the sound of their own voice waffling on about nowt.

I can cope with Radio 1 on a Friday night but the times our lass has had the likes of that and Capital on in her car it's canny awful.

Spotify for me. Way too old for radio 1 or capital. All the commercial stations like absolute, radio x employ wankers like Johnny Vaughan or Frank Skinner to talk a load of zany shite for half an hour before playing some song from the nineties you've heard a billion times before. I'd happily never hear a single dj speak again.

Because I like something others don't :lol:
To be honest I don't even listen to it, I listen to greatest hits radio BUT I've heard capital before and its canny.

Greatest Hits radio is the sister station of "hits radio" which was Key 103 in Manchester.
So there you go.

Whenever I get into my (older) sister and brother in law's car they have Radio 1 on. They are both over 60. I'm always saying 'why?'?!

I also get a lot of taxis and the drivers always have some shit station on with allegedly zany chat. Does my head in.

How old do you have to be to graduate to Radio 4?
92 or something. It’s the law.
Old banger so it’s VHF or MW for me, and Christ on a bike but the radio in the NE is absolute shite. Capital/Metro/Smooth play the same interchangeable songs as do the smaller Sunderland/Toon indie stations. Radio Newcastle only good on a Saturday night. Radio One usually unlistenable. Now Radio 2 - I’m 54 so it should be right up my street. But it the most inane middle of the road middle class drivel that has burrowed its way into my disbelieving ears. “Oh hi Will, we’re in the Volvo with the children on the way to our Cornwall cottage and wonder if you could play some George Ezra/Ginger fellah/Adele while we pull into Waitrose for some organic quinoa”.......

Thank god for 5 live.

I agree with Mini. In my younger days I loved Radio One. Then at some point in my life I just thought what the fuck is this shit. They tried too hard to be different and hip and I couldn’t even name a song anymore. It’s awful!

I used to go out with a lad who had his morning alarm set as Radio 4 (I think it was) and some f***ing god hour discussion or something would be on. It didn’t last.

I just use Spotify and listen to what I want now.

Back