Radio

I know I can be a judgemental twat sometimes (even though I’m usually right) but can anyone explain to me how anyone over the age of say twenty one can listen to the likes of Capital or Radio One? Surely your tastes change from tolerating shite by then?
Three daughters all under 16, the little sods never have capital off! Any journeys longer than an hour and you hear a repeat of the same songs! Torture!

I know I can be a judgemental twat sometimes (even though I’m usually right) but can anyone explain to me how anyone over the age of say twenty one can listen to the likes of Capital or Radio One? Surely your tastes change from tolerating shite by then?

We had some shite station on at work today and George Ezra must have been on about 15 times.

With all of the songs in all of history to choose from and they go and do that.

The worst thing is that if no one listened, they would either change the playlist or go out of business, which means that people actually listen to George Ezra on repeat, by their own choice.

You still listen to Planet Rock man

If my son (14) is oin the car we try to listen (radio 1) but he's started just putting his stuff on thru the phone .
Think there's a lass on early evening before the dance stuff which is canny experimental electronica type stuff ?

A judgemental twat. But always right

Apart from your parting. Because that’s non existent these days

Don't hate Radio 1 when they get the beats on. Couldn't listen to the singer songwriters and I Will Leave The Light On wallers daily though.

Surely people just use Spotify these days?
or music app of choice, but yeah, I don't think many people listen to the radio for music anymore. When you can customize your playlist to what you like, why would you?

Only radio I listen to nowadays is NPR.

Radio 1 isn't that bad when at work, plays a bit of everything.
Looking on their playlist, they've got stuff you wouldn't get on capital, metro etc like Foals, Chvrches, Gerry Cinnamon, Vampire Weekend, Frank Carter.

Radio 2 and TFM choices for me if i ever listen, Steve and Karen on the breakfast show are quite funny (might have moved to Metro now?!)

Radio One has always been dogshit apart from when Tim Westwood was on

We had some shite station on at work today and George Ezra must have been on about 15 times.

With all of the songs in all of history to choose from and they go and do that.

The worst thing is that if no one listened, they would either change the playlist or go out of business, which means that people actually listen to George Ezra on repeat, by their own choice.
Wish someone would take a shotgun to his fyass.

Back