Radio X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great band, ok only Manchester based but streets ahead of the courteeners

not disputing that but they're only in there because of the "Madchester" sound they produced. If Oasis spent most of their career based in Peckham, that wouldn't have made them a cockney band or eligible for any "great London bands" lists.

Me and my son were out in the car yesterday and I had Absolute 80's on, he asked if he could put Radio X on, I didn't have a clue what he was on about!

It seems my 13 year old lad has got great taste in his music choice!

Me and my son were out in the car yesterday and I had Absolute 80's on, he asked if he could put Radio X on, I didn't have a clue what he was on about!

It seems my 13 year old lad has got great taste in his music choice!
Sounds like he needs introducing to 6 music.

not disputing that but they're only in there because of the "Madchester" sound they produced. If Oasis spent most of their career based in Peckham, that wouldn't have made them a cockney band or eligible for any "great London bands" lists.
Bollocks, The charlatans have changed and diveresed their music to suit the times, superb band with a great back catalogue.

Last edited:
Is the correct answer :lol:

The rebrand of XfM to Radio X was catastrophic, Chris Moyles and Johnney Vaughan and lad bantz. Awful. The people that set up XfM in the first place have started again with XS Manchester, definitely not the same kind of thing if anyone asks.....

Bollocks, The charlatans have changed and diveresed their music to suit the times, superb band with a great back catalogue.

West Midlands band who based themselves in Northwich, Cheshire. About as much to do with Manchester as REM.

The rebrand of XfM to Radio X was catastrophic, Chris Moyles and Johnney Vaughan and lad bantz. Awful. The people that set up XfM in the first place have started again with XS Manchester, definitely not the same kind of thing if anyone asks.....

West Midlands band who based themselves in Northwich, Cheshire. About as much to do with Manchester as REM.
Still a great band who have kept up with the times and mikes ahead of shite like the courteeners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back