Racist, Terrorist or Both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobel winner Peter Higgs despite not believing in a god has basically turned out and said the same. Not a problem - a good scientist is a good scientist is a good scientist.
I'm certainly not saying people like this aren't good scentists or even the victim in the op isn't a good doctor - I'm sure he is, just I find the belief while being highly educated strange (for want of a better word).

Not being able to rule out a creator doesn't equal believing in all the mumbo jumbo that goes with religion.

racist bile :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And I'm not saying anyone has to listen to what I post on here at all, just as they don't have to listen to your crackpot consipracy theories either.

Neither am I saying people believe in mumbo jumbo or believe in CTs. What I am saying is if you or anyone else wants to believe or talk about them there you are free to do so. That's you're perogative. As long as you're not harming anyone. Crack on.

You are indicative of being one of the manipulated masses and are hating on something as they want you to do it. Sorry if that sounds harsh. You have come on this thread trolling. Instead of talking about the topic of the thread you have chose to condemn the victim's religion. I appreciate that you weren't being specific and were talking about religion in general. But my point still stands.

It’s not terrorism, but it’s certainly sounds like a racist attack.

in this day and age if the shoe was on the other foot it would be called terrorism imo.

if two muslims said allah u akhbar [sp] and stabbed some white bloke on his way to a church it would probably be considered a terrorist attack no?

so two white blokes saying islamophobic things and stabbing a muslim on his way to a mosque must be equally imo.

it's a grey area i'll admit and ultimately it doesn't really matter, unless it has legal implications - I think the message should be being sent out that neither are acceptable so should carry the heaviest penalty possible

Last edited:
I'm certainly not saying people like this aren't good scentists or even the victim in the op isn't a good doctor - I'm sure he is, just I find the belief while being highly educated strange (for want of a better word).
And you are allowed to find it strange if you can't quite grasp how he feels that way. The rest of us just don't find it so hard of a concept to grasp.

in this day and age if the hose was on the other foot it would be called terrorism imo.

if two muslims said allah u akhbar [sp] and stabbed some white bloke on his way to a church it would probably be considered a terrorist attack no?

so two white blokes saying islamophobic things and stabbing a muslim on his way to a mosque must be equally imo.

it's a grey area i'll admit and ultimately it doesn't really matter, unless it has legal implications - I think the message should be being sent out that neither are acceptable so should carry the heaviest penalty possible

Good post

And you are allowed to find it strange if you can't quite grasp how he feels that way. The rest of us just don't find it so hard of a concept to grasp.
"The rest of us"? You don't speak for everyone - plenty of other people find it a bit of a paradox as well.

"The rest of us"? You don't speak for everyone - plenty of other people find it a bit of a paradox as well.
I agree. You're not on your own in finding it a strange concept to grasp, even on the smb. But again, for the rest of us who get that the idea isn't so hokey...

For some people it's a comfort. So long as it's that for them and they don't tell others how they should live their life, then I suppose that's fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back