Racist Sportsmen or just daft young lads

When do they stop being offensive then?
No one reported him at the time, what he said we're obviously jokes anyway and not intended to cause offence.

Offense can only happen if someone is actually offended and since no one was it wasn't offensive, busy bodies who love this sort of thing aren't even offended they just love an opportunity to show how much better they are than others

No one reported him at the time, what he said we're obviously jokes anyway and not intended to cause offence.

Offense can only happen if someone is actually offended and since no one was it wasn't offensive, busy bodies who love this sort of thing aren't even offended they just love an opportunity to show how much better they are than others
Not offensive? Keep going please 😁

You realise you can see in your front room from the street right?
If it took digging, why was there any digging?
You seem more concerned about someone finding these tweets than the actual tweets.

Perhaps the people who were the target of these tweets are better placed to decide whether they're offensive.

If he wrote them when he was young and foolish, why didn't he take them down when he grew up a bit?

Assuming he doesn't still find that sort of stuff funny of course.

Last edited:
You seem more concerned about someone finding these tweets than the actual tweets.

Perhaps the people who were the target of these tweets are better placed to decide whether they're offensive.

If he wrote them when he was young and foolish, why didn't he take them down when he grew up a bit?

Firstly there were no targets of he'd targeted anyone they'd have heard the joke wouldn't they.

Secondly that's a slippery slope, what if someone finds something you've said offensive? Should you lose your job?

It's out of context but considering at the time it was the Western African Ebola outbreak, I don't think it's a gigantic leap to assume he meant a black bloke.

Or if he didn't, he was making light of an outbreak of a disease which killed over 11,000

If you pictured a black bloke then maybe you have the issue. It could easily just have been some white bloke coughing next to him on the train or something.

Ah. Here's the difference.
I KNOW this is racist.

“My new Muslim friend is the bomb”
“I wonder if Asian people put smileys like this ¦) #racist”
“Guy next to me on the train definitely has Ebola.”
None of those would raise any eyebrows if on whatsapp. Not many smiles either but they aren’t terrible.

It was a joke... No one reported him at the time it's only offensive if somebody takes offense and no one did.

It doesn’t matter if anyone read it at the time, what matters is that he wrote it in public. Racist and misogynistic comments are racist and misogynistic comments whether someone reads them or not. And only someone who thinks those things are fine would write them in the first place.

BUT everyone grows up and learns as they age. Luckily social media wasn’t around when I was at school and none of my mates have leaked our email and msn messenger chats!

Both are about as pathetic.

Back