Racist Sportsmen or just daft young lads

So who decides what is or isn't a derogatory tweet ? and who makes the rules ? clearly it wasn't twitter as they didn't think it was worth a ban back then. Btw what sad twat spends their lives trawling through tweets from 10 years ago on the off chance someone might have said something somebody else doesn't like?

Last edited:
So who decides what is or isn't a derogatory tweet ? and who makes the rules ? clearly it wasn't twitter as they didn't think it was worth a ban back then. Btw what sad twat spends their lives trawling through tweets from 10 years ago on the off chance someone might have said something somebody else doesn't like?

A committee of shit scared members who are lead down the garden path by an easily offended politically correct nobody that not one of them will stand up to.

precisely.
number of people stated that those that voted brexit were racist.
reporter for the bbc on radio 4 this morning, said that people who boo'd the english players taking the knee, were racist. have they asked them or are they making assumptions.

It was a sad bloke from Wisden that unearthed the tweets apparently

id Hate to be offended by everything like you seem to be, a young lad makes a joke that mentions a religion and you’re outraged.
Maybe my cave isn’t from a time where my insecurities make me want to make everyone be a target or just maybe I’m not ready to be offended on behalf of someone else.
He used the N word in the tweets.
So once a racist always a racist? Pointless having anti racist groups anymore then.

I've never named called on a forum, and I don't think any of my friends do either. If you name call on the IInternet, it's a good bet that you also do it in the life.
No one said he's still a racist, however what he did should have consequences
a man hating lesbian diversity lead.
I imagine a normal human being with a normal moral compass.

If you think racist tweets are a bit of a laugh, have a chat to people who receive them.

Last edited:
He used the N word in the tweets.

I imagine a normal human being with a normal moral compass.

If you think racist tweets are a bit of a laugh, have a chat to people who receive them.
In the ones I'd seen I never seen the N word used so if that is the case then I am incorrect as that shouldn't be tolerated

Yeah, grab your pitchforks everyone...let's make a list of everyone that's ever said anything racist and persecute them until they lose their job.

That's one hell of a queue at the Job Centre.

It's always existed but nobody has done anything about it until now but even so, something that was written ten years ago at a time when other stuff went on and none of this made news, shouldn't be punished with a suspension. He can't unwrite what he wrote ten years ago and he most likely knows how big a mistake he made but there's nothing he can do about that now whereas if this had happened recently then there'd be more of an argument.
None of that is relevant though.

The ECB didn't have any choice but to suspend him otherwise it makes a mockery of their whole diversity stance.

If they didn't suspend him what happens if anyone else does it in future?
Aye, maybe some of these people who think he shouldn't have been suspended should try to view it from the perspective of a black kid trying to make a career in cricket.

If the ECB hadn't suspended him, what sort of message does that send out to them?

Last edited:
None of that is relevant though.

The ECB didn't have any choice but to suspend him otherwise it makes a mockery of their whole diversity stance.

If they didn't suspend him what happens if anyone else does it in future?

Aye, maybe some of these people who think he shouldn't have been suspended should try to view it from the perspective of a black kid trying to make a career in cricket.

If the ECB hadn't suspended him, what sort of message does that send out to them?
10 years ago mate, 10 years ago. He was probably not even known nationally. As he's got older and matured, he'll probably have realised what's right and wrong.

Do you think he actually remembered posting that tweet?

For anyone who does it nowadays, fair enough, punish them but for a tweet as a teenager 10 years ago is just pathetic and looking for scapegoats to make it look like they're doing something about it.

10 years ago mate, 10 years ago. He was probably not even known nationally. As he's got older and matured, he'll probably have realised what's right and wrong.

For anyone who does it nowadays, fair enough, punish them but for a tweet as a teenager 10 years ago is just pathetic and looking for scapegoats to make it look like they're doing something about it.

Legally an adult.
And for the umpteenth time, if he had anything about it, he'd have had someone purge his social media if he couldn't do it himself.

Legally an adult.
And for the umpteenth time, if he had anything about it, he'd have had someone purge his social media if he couldn't do it himself.
Legally an adult but still a teenager.

ECB and the media trying to ruin the career of a player for a tweet that he made probably before he even turned professional.

Legally an adult but still a teenager.

ECB and the media trying to ruin the career of a player for a tweet that he made probably before he even turned professional.

Perhaps it should be ECB policy to ensure their players have cleaned social media records too then.

You're still missing the point.

2013 was 10 years ago?🤔

Back