Racist Sportsmen or just daft young lads

Second one .
It's in the adolescent makeup to shock amongst the group to show individuality and personality . What next banning players for old " yer ma " comments on the grounds of sexual predation .
If I was Robinson I would sue for restriction of trade , he has said nothing untoward whilst engaged with England and nothing illegal ever .
And then kiss goodbye to any career with England. Smart move.
How many sportsmen have we seen break the law, drink drive, break covid rules yet still continued to play over the last 12 months. The lad wrote some stupid things as a kid it was wrong but who doesn't do draft things before you grow up. He's apologised..time to move on...
Agree with this, I doubt anyone was actually offended by his posts.

The ECB should go through players social media before call ups are announced. if they discover anything like this, a quick delete & an awareness course would have avoided this.

Last edited:
And then kiss goodbye to any career with England. Smart move.

Agree with this, I doubt anyone was actually offended by his posts.

The ECB should go through players social media before call ups are announced. if they discover anything like this, a quick delete & an awareness course would have avoided this.

Imagine if it was one of these scientist Covid types, it would take a good few weeks to get through all the bollocks they stick on Twitter.

He's not exactly 100% innocent mind. Hopefully everyone will have learned a lesson and it'll be managed better in future.
Hhhm, youth has innocence on its side for me . Unless as has been mentioned there is a lot more , he was at Yorkshire cc and it is /was a fairly loose culture

Hhhm, youth has innocence on its side for me . Unless as has been mentioned there is a lot more , he was at Yorkshire cc and it is /was a fairly loose culture
Brain doesn't fully develop until you are 25. Also, people are products of their environment and some people's childhood environments are a little toxic. Are people from racist families/neighbourhoods not allowed to succeed?

There is a bit of McCarthyism creeping into society, imho.

It amazes me to this day that anyone in the public eye hasn't purged their social media just in case someone goes back through it looking for something.
You tweet, FB or IG something and it's out there for the world to see.

This is not a new concept.

I know for a fact I've made some pretty crass jokes in my time, many of which I regret now. Would I make them now? Probably not no.
Would I put them out on social media where some vindictive person might show people? Not a chance in hell.

This is lesson and I hope his colleagues learn from it.

It amazes me to this day that anyone in the public eye hasn't purged their social media just in case someone goes back through it looking for something.

I know for a fact I've made some pretty crass jokes in my time, many of which I regret now. Would I make them now? Probably not no.
Would I put them out on social media where some vindictive person might show people? Not a chance in hell.

Look at mr moral here, have you killed any Scotch yet?

You just know there will be people who have searched thoroughly through every 'tweet' ever posted by famous sports stars.
I keep hearing that this cricketer was a kid.

He was 18/19 at the time man.
Also, he is only 27 now and the comments were in 2012 and 2013 yet the news keeps saying they were when he was a kid 'a decade' ago.

Last edited:
I keep hearing that this cricketer was a kid.

He was 18/19 at the time man.
Which is a kid in the grand scheme of things.

Remember, traditionally adulthood 'begins' at 21 in this country, and your brain isn't fully developed until you are 25.
Brain doesn't fully develop until you are 25. Also, people are products of their environment and some people's childhood environments are a little toxic. Are people from racist families/neighbourhoods not allowed to succeed?

There is a bit of McCarthyism creeping into society, imho.
Well said.

I never post on social media as I feel muzzled by the reaction of people who would take offence or the fact that nuance will be lost and also the fact some of my humour is not for public consumption. However, I am an adult male that has lived a little. A lot of 18 years olds don't give a fuck and their brains have not matured enough to have the same limitations on risky behaviour. Hence the do daft stuff.

Many teenagers will be unable to comprehend or even register your point. Unless the player is contracted to a side and has some contract that expressly forbids stuff then I think old tweets are off limits.

Look at mr moral here, have you killed any Scotch yet?

:lol:

I've a cabinet of it I'm very tempted to crack into!
I never post on social media as I feel muzzled by the reaction of people who would take offence or the fact that nuance will be lost and also the fact some of my humour is not for public consumption. However, I am an adult male that has lived a little. A lot of 18 years olds don't give a fuck and their brains have not matured enough to have the same limitations on risky behaviour. Hence the do daft stuff.

Many teenagers will be unable to comprehend or even register your point. Unless the player is contracted to a side and has some contract that expressly forbids stuff then I think old tweets are off limits.

Unfortunately like I say, once it's out there, it's hard to get it back, regardless of how long ago it was posted.

Back