Racist Sportsmen or just daft young lads

Big Jeff

Winger
Some of our young sports stars are in the spotlight for actions they took years ago that were offensive.

Where do you stand?

Racists and ban them along with prosecution?

or

Stupid actions of young lads who are now men and not racist?

Send them on a diversification awareness course.

Or give them 100 lines (not 100 lines of Charlie, the school punishment we used to get in the 1980's).

If you're going to hold a person accountable for things they did in their youth, then it has to apply to all, including those who bring this stuff up in order to wreck someone's career/life.

What a sickening society we live in.
Anyone who cracked a window as a kid or called someone a bad name, keep your mouth firmly closed and your typing fingers firmly set to a minutes thinking delay because, if you don't, you're akin to finding yourself trapped in the forest amid ravenous creatures who care nothing for your well being and will eat you alive and enjoy it and be fulfilled until that hunger strikes again when the next prey falls foul.

Let's just get it over with and install these.

;)

....and then, soon enough we can look forward to this.

;)

Two stupid actions, the initial one of sending this sort of silly thing (but who amongst us didn't do daft things when we were young, that we not look back on with embarrassment) and the second stupid thing, not deleting the offending material once you get into any form of public notoriety.

I would hope that young footballers are educated about these sort of things whilst academy players. I have no idea how cricket works though.

Two stupid actions, the initial one of sending this sort of silly thing (but who amongst us didn't do daft things when we were young, that we not look back on with embarrassment) and the second stupid thing, not deleting the offending material once you get into any form of public notoriety.

I would hope that young footballers are educated about these sort of things whilst academy players. I have no idea how cricket works though.
I always told my eldest that anything she put on these social media platforms would always be there and to think would that be good if someone brought this up years later.

Some of our young sports stars are in the spotlight for actions they took years ago that were offensive.

Where do you stand?

Racists and ban them along with prosecution?

or

Stupid actions of young lads who are now men and not racist?
Second one .
It's in the adolescent makeup to shock amongst the group to show individuality and personality . What next banning players for old " yer ma " comments on the grounds of sexual predation .
If I was Robinson I would sue for restriction of trade , he has said nothing untoward whilst engaged with England and nothing illegal ever .

Back