Racist Sportsmen or just daft young lads

Second one .
It's in the adolescent makeup to shock amongst the group to show individuality and personality . What next banning players for old " yer ma " comments on the grounds of sexual predation .
If I was Robinson I would sue for restriction of trade , he has said nothing untoward whilst engaged with England and nothing illegal ever .

This part is spot on. It’s where you go from here that really matters.

Bit off topic why do the media keep calling it "historical" racist and sexist tweets, what's 'historical' about it exactly?

Last edited:
"If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him."

Something current? Sure. Current-ish? Sure. Something he tweeted when he was still a teenager and only just into adulthood, almost a decade ago? Come on. Have a word, tell him if there's a breath of anything like that now then he's in real trouble, let him do his public mea culpa and move on. I don't think this helps anything.

If people's brains don't fully develop until 25, then should 25 be the legal age to become an adult and be able to vote, consent to sex, drink, drive and so on?

We probably need to pick a year and have an amnesty on social media posts before that time. People just think it's the same as chatting privately to mates when it isn't. It's effectively shouting it in Trafalgar Square in front of CCTV with audio. People might hear you or ignore you then, but it's recorded for the archives.

Genuine regret & apology and then move on
As someone pointed out, there's plenty of people playing professional sport or work in entertainment who've been done for drink driving, failed drug tests, beating the shite out of people, sexual misdemeanors
Lee Hughes & Luke McCormick killed bairns and still were allowed to continue playing football.

See. Common sense.

“My new Muslim friend is the bomb”
“I wonder if Asian people put smileys like this ¦) #racist”
“Guy next to me on the train definitely has Ebola.”

Tweets they may be, but they're racist. If he had anything about him, he'd have wiped his social media.
He probably have forgotten he put them on. Can you remember what you posted 10 years ago? I cant

They had no choice.

How would it look if they hadn't suspended him?
They use common sense and say this was an irresponsible tweet made over 10 years ago when he was a teenager for which he's apologised.

Remind cricketers of their duty to act responsibly not only on social media but in all situations, bring the matter to a close and no further comments will be made about it.

It's wrong to make somebody a scapegoat for something they wrote as a teenager over 10 years ago.

Daft young lads. I was definitely a bit racist as young fella. Said things I wouldn't say now. Repeated jokes that would be classed as racist. It was the culture I went through as a young man (drinking/football/rugby/army/ladsladslads). Then grew up a bit and understood the world a bit more.
People shouldn't be hung out to dry for small mistakes made when they are young.
ECB have handled this so badly. A statement by the fella apologising, talking of regret and explaining to young fans why it's wrong should have been enough. And then stick by the lad as the press and certain sections will try to hammer him.

Spot on. Likewise I said plenty of racist stuff via SMS etc even when I was in my early 20's. Sad to say.

But hanging him out to dry like this is counterproductive and will just fuel the culture war narrative that lefty Marxism is taking over our sporting governing bodies and targeting the white man.

Spot on. Likewise I said plenty of racist stuff via SMS etc even when I was in my early 20's. Sad to say.

But hanging him out to dry like this is counterproductive and will just fuel the culture war narrative that lefty Marxism is taking over our sporting governing bodies and targeting the white man.
Seems that way now. The slightest thing a bit liberal seems to be jumped on. So organisations need to do the right thing but tread carefully with it. It's pretty easy to turn something like that in to a positive.

W

When they can’t attain power via the democratic ballot box then they have to seek other methods of control. It’s been prevalent in the media , education and government bodies - recently sport - now they are targeting the nice easy juicy social media
harvest .

W

When they can’t attain power via the democratic ballot box then they have to seek other methods of control. It’s been prevalent in the media , education and government bodies - recently sport - now they are targeting the nice easy juicy social media
harvest .

So it is a Marxist plot then?

It’s either a well organised hard line propaganda exercise or some loose group mischief .

Either way it’s working an absolute treat for them.

I think with the majority of these organisations they want to be seen as very politically correct probably because they're afraid of sponsors pulling out or upsetting stakeholders. I disagree that the media as a whole are complicit though. I think most of the Tory supporting media are pushing the outrage and cancel culture angle to misdirect and divide and conquer. I don't think there's any sinister marxist plot at play behind the scenes though.

Back