Racist Sportsmen or just daft young lads

I have a pal who paid a company to scrub his social media prior to going through the application process for a petty decent job.

See. Common sense.
Its odd

Wouldnt it be better to have a role model who admits his mistakes, has changed for the better

Then smacking them down for past trangressions.

I mean im talking about daft tweets social media etc. Not kevin spacey type allegations

“My new Muslim friend is the bomb”
“I wonder if Asian people put smileys like this ¦) #racist”
“Guy next to me on the train definitely has Ebola.”

Tweets they may be, but they're racist. If he had anything about him, he'd have wiped his social media.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trawl back too far but loads of lads and lasses and men and women have two faces on all this
What they say where they can and what they say to a wider group .Still hear loads of stuff everyday

Lad at graft said Manning was his favourite ever comedian because he did all the P..i stuff ,not like today etc

I wouldn't trawl back too far but loads of lads and lasses and men and women have two faces on all this
What they say where they can and what they say to a wider grou
p .Still hear loads of stuff everyday
Thats why this mental health and “be kind” chatter is largely fraud. Some of those spouting this virtous shit are some of the most bitter and poisonous and bitchy horrible people but wouldnt think twice of giving the BE KIND shit to get a few social media likes when they need their ego boosting and want to appear to be a better person than they are to their social media followers.

You even see that craic on this forum ffs
As usual some people seething about someone being called out for racism, but strangely never too bothered about racism itself :lol:
does racism against white people bother you?

Last edited:
I think he’s an example of what education does. When he was young he was very naive, now he’s older it seems like he’s been educated through the years to know this is wrong
Or he's learned not to post it.
What they say where they can and what they say to a wider group .Still hear loads of stuff everyday

Lad at graft said Manning was his favourite ever comedian because he did all the P..i stuff ,not like today etc
Went to see Chubby Brown about 3 years ago after not seeing him for years. Used to laugh along with him when in a drinking situation. His material had changed a lot, lots of anti- Muslim/immigration stuff. No longer funny. I was sober like.

Or he's learned not to post it.

Went to see Chubby Brown about 3 years ago after not seeing him for years. Used to laugh along with him when in a drinking situation. His material had changed a lot, lots of anti- Muslim/immigration stuff. No longer funny. I was sober like.
I Was a chubby regular in the club pub days ,clearly of its time ,it seemed very risky and adult and underground .Way past what everyone else was doing . As you say he just became a parody of himself
Got a whattsapp clip from Not the 9 o clock news sent ,about the Queen getting her handbag knicked ,then a joke about not picking the guy out in a line up and it was a video of her inspecting African troops .Just shows you what even the alt shows were doing

There’s an interesting school of thought that states that society wasn’t yet ready for the social media revolution - or at least the pace in which it affects our lives and the lives of others.
Essentially we went straight from the home / pub/ office / match ....bang onto platforms which were way beyond our domain or comfort..... or control .
There was no test or training or lead in - the anonymity was a green light for freedom of expression , however distasteful- we thought we were amongst discreet friends.
Only now are we finally learning thats it’s not an extension of our innermost self , of normality,only now are we learning that it’s a pants down , arse out exposure - to be analysed in the granular.
The early social media years or at least it’s content will not carry forward - it will be a beige venue with neutral language.
Fear itself will self govern - perhaps that’s not a bad thing.

Last edited:
In Robinson’s case, what’s his behaviour been like the last 10 years or since those comments?
Is he a good character or is it known that he’s a a racist?
If he’s deemed a good character and not the person he was when making those comments then I think he deserves another chance.

Back