Racist Britain

I very rarely see black people in pubs up here mind, although I’m not really taking much notice of it either

They tend frequent places they can bust slick moves and clean up with the ladies. The cool fuckers.
Is it because the smb seems to exist in a weird parallel universe where racism is seen as a thing of the past, and people will respond with scorn and ridicule when you point out that the north east is still a hotbed of institutional racism?

That's disappointing.
What a strange bump

Nope. Falls in with Daves crack about it also being unusual to see gay people in the North East :lol:

Last edited:
I did this a few years ago, it was absolutely mortifying.

In my defence though the Tesco manager was an asian fella in a navy blue suit who had been standing there seconds before, as was the bloke who I mistook for the Tesco manager.
Tbf I asked Gary Pallister if I worked in the store when I was in the Yarm Aldi
Tbf I asked Gary Pallister if I worked in the store when I was in the Yarm Aldi
If he worked in the store :lol:

Last edited:
Makes me wonder how many people would be smuggling themselves in trucks and coming over in little dinghies if we were nice.

A survey for the Guardian revealed

43% of ethnic minorities were overlooked for promotion in a manner that felt unfair (more than twice the proportion of white people)

37% were stopped by the police without good reason

55% mistaken for an employee rather than a customer in shops

34% asked to leave a club, bar or restaurant for no good reason (three times as likely as a white person)

62% reported being stopped going through airport security or customs

The poll also found comprehensive evidence to suggest unconscious bias has a negative effect on the lives of Britain's 8.5m people from minority backgrounds that is not revealed by typical data on racism. For example:

38% had been wrongly suspected of shop lifting (14% of white people)

55% had been treated differently due to their hair or clothes (29% of white people)

Minorities were also twice as likely to have suffered abuse or rudeness from a stranger.

Didn't realise the problem was so bad tbh.
Whilst I believe over racism has risen significantly in the UK since we got permission from Trump and the New Right to make it so, the survey 'results' are a bit of an insult to everyone's intelligence really. The terms of reference of the research, context, nature of the sample and exact questions plus a dozen other facts would need to be known to give this any creedence whatsoever. It looks childish as it is.

Just look at the thread about gay people at the swimming pool. People reckon they nudge each other and whisper if they see a black person ffs :lol:

Of course Britain is racist. You can see racism everywhere if you try really hard everywhere you go.

If you've got to try really hard it can't be as bad as people are trying to make out.
We've come a long way and there is certainly a way to go but when the current older generation (60's/70's/80's) die out we'll be a lot closer to driving it out of society all together. You can't learn an old dog new tricks.

Back