Racism in 2018

Working with a mixed race lad and a asian lad who have both been verbally abused at the campus/accomodation

the lads doing it were young welsh contractors is wales still stuck in the 50's or something....

Listen to BAME people when they tell us that racism is rampant in this country. The idea that racism is the preserve of the 1950’s is complete and utter bollocks.

Maybe it says a lot about where I spend my time but I don’t think I’ve ever been in a pub and not heard something racist being said atleast once.

Has anybody said ‘what about....’ yet?

Hang on, don’t bother. Just spotted it.

Fair enough. Was hoping someone would say that doesn’t make everyone in Spenny a racist and then use that to make the equally valid point that the actions of these welshlads can’t be held representative of the entire welsh population!
This is the SMB mate so an isolated incident equals everybody. Except themselves of course?

It's definitely been legitimised in recent years.

I think that’s horseshit personally.

We’re no more racist as a society as we were 10, 20 or 30 years ago.

It also annoys me how some people expect others to accept blame for this because they opted to leave a political union.

Black and Asian people can be racists too.

Apparently not.

They can be bigoted, prejudiced and discriminatory...but not racist. It’s all based on power structures apparently. Someone had better tell Oxford as they need to change the definition.

I think that’s horseshit personally.

We’re no more racist as a society as we were 10, 20 or 30 years ago.

It also annoys me how some people expect others to accept blame for this because they opted to leave a political union

Why on earth are you talking about this being linked to to Brexit??

You only have to look at that schoolkids FB page to see him posting Britain First & Tommy Robinson racist garbage. Of course the ease of which that stuff can be found and the way it can be aired while hiding behind a keyboard has helped legitimise it for a certain kind of person

Back