Race across the world

I agree with this too. It turned strategy and penny pinching into a fitness battle. Yes, I understand that the competitors can arrive at any time and on any day but you should not be allowed to ditch your belongings to give you an edge if it turns into a race.

I don't understand why, if you have enough cash at the final destination you can't just use it all to get taken to the front door of the hotel. It all seemed at bit pointless really.
In the last series you had to pay to get onto the observation deck at the top of the hotel so if you'd done that you'd have been stuck.

I usually watch the repeat on a Tuesday or Wednesday but it seems pointless now but will watch to see who finished runner up, mind you i fancied Emon and Jamul to do well. I wonder if it will get moved to the 9pm BBC1 slot with it getting popular, if that sewing bee can then surely it can.

I usually watch the repeat on a Tuesday or Wednesday but it seems pointless now but will watch to see who finished runner up, mind you i fancied Emon and Jamul to do well. I wonder if it will get moved to the 9pm BBC1 slot with it getting popular, if that sewing bee can then surely it can.

Hope not, will probably end of getting fame hungry bellends on for contestants like The Apprentice

I’d like to know how much of it was scripted- the finale where they were all pushing to win was predictable to make a better programme.

Its heavily edited and produced throughout to make it better entertainment. Same as that Bank Job and Hunted. There's more "rules" etc which aren't disclosed such as having to do x amount of jobs etc per leg. Even though they might not need the cash.

Also the time made up by contestants at times are ridiculous and the timelines on the show aren't particularly accurate.

I still don’t think he should have been allowed to sell his iPod. Thats effectively like carrying cash. Just take 30 iPods with you and make some money that way
The items you can take are restricted to prevent that kind of thing. I think they’re allowed one gadget and allowed to use it how they see fit. Don’t see it as being any different to the times people scrounged free stuff.

So, back to the programme....

Anyone applying for the next series?! My other half (no) is currently filling in the application!!

Could be a while before filming with the current situation though...
Sent in our application a few days ago with the missus (no).

Yeh not expecting to hear back anytime soon - good luck with it!

I actually didn’t enjoy this series as much as the first one... until right at the very end. Couldn’t have enjoyed that finish any more if I’d written the outcome myself. I don’t wish ill on Jen at all, as much as I think she’s quite an awful person, but I have to say I physically burst out laughing when she arrived 20 seconds after the two lads whilst mid-tantrum.
If she didnt have a hissy fit (again) about leaving her rucksack on the side of the road and crying then it would have been a photo finish. Perfect karma as she appeared to treat him like shit. I would be actively switching off the hearing aid.

Felt sorry for the brother and sister as they did well to bring it back to 2 hours after his seizure which pretty much ruined any chance they had of winning. Also she had a canny chassis in a bikini :)

I’d like to know how much of it was scripted- the finale where they were all pushing to win was predictable to make a better programme.

That's how they cut and paste the footage to make the finale more exciting, though two teams turning up for the bus at the time made me wonder.

It started better than the first series, though for me seemed to fizzle out a bit in the last three episodes. This series was 8 episodes rather than the previous series's 6.

I was hoping the mother and son would win, however, they just overspent in the end and the lad's dislike of discomfort in the end added expense they could have done without.

Of the three couples that finished, I'm glad the uncle and nephew won. Their concern about the street kids in Sao Paulo showed a human side and their decision to give half the prize to a charity looking after the kids I thought was really a nice touch. They seemed to get on with it more than the others.

The brother and sister were just too inexperienced at the beginning to cut it though they pulled it right back towards the end after being more than a day behind due to his health issues. Both have dropped out of Uni. and I hope the trip will make them both look more at their lives.

As regards the married couple, he was sound but her shrieking antics at times and especially at the very end alienated me.
Me and @LondonMackem have applied

gonna buy loads of cans for the journey, and run out of cash before the end of the second leg

the bantz will be great however

Wear your Sunderland tops at all times!!! :lol:

Back