Race across the world

They stay at each checkpoint for a set length of time so it all depends on when you arrive. TBH, they blew the win themselves by going cross country to find work rather than heading down the coast.
and they already had a canny bit more than the others, I wonder how much they had left

If the selfish twat shes with hadn't spanked his budget on Subways, they'd still be in it.

He has fairly serious learning difficulties and he was pretty well built. If you read the experiences of the contestants they all say they were absolutely starving and rarely got a day in where they'd eat properly. Those subways were probably the only thing keeping him going, a bit of a home comfort.

I don't really think they were ever truly bothered about winning it anyway. They were in it for the experience and by the time they clocked out they'd done everything they wanted.

He has fairly serious learning difficulties and he was pretty well built. If you read the experiences of the contestants they all say they were absolutely starving and rarely got a day in where they'd eat properly. Those subways were probably the only thing keeping him going, a bit of a home comfort.

I don't really think they were ever truly bothered about winning it anyway. They were in it for the experience and by the time they clocked out they'd done everything they wanted.

I'm pretty sure that, when Dom and Lizzie got invited to the Argentinian woman's house for dinner in last night's episode, they said they hadn't eaten in 2 days. Likewise, Emon and Jamiul were disappointed to find that one of their overnight bus journeys didn't include food (others clearly had done).

That's the rules... You leave 24 or 48 hours after you check in.. you arrive at 2 in the morning you leave at 2 in the morning
Hadn't realised that and I've watched both series :oops:.
Makes a bit more sense now. Maybe the voice over man should mention it occasionally. (unless he has done and I've just blanked it).

Enjoyed it , but embarrassing the lass crying when didn’t win but overall they all came across decent people , good show that shows you different countries and the stories behind the contestants and watching them bond

She was annoying but I do feel a bit sorry for her all the stick she’s getting. You need a sob story to get on a program like this, and a lot of it was probably just bigging this up so they got on the program.

Her behavior on the programme itself was enough to understand what sort of person she is.
Aye I know but the kids have shown me some of the stick she’s getting online and I feel a bit sorry for her. She hasn’t killed anyone and I’m a bit soft like that, and she added to the entertainment value!

I still don’t think he should have been allowed to sell his iPod. Thats effectively like carrying cash. Just take 30 iPods with you and make some money that way

Yeh I agree.

I have seen plenty comments suggesting its just like hitch hiking and begging for freebies. In my opinion it isn't at all. You need luck and generosity from strangers and of course, the bottle to just hop into a car with anyone.

Throwing £200 worth of Apple gear at him was just shear desperation which he wasn't going to turn down.

Going back a few episodes when the young lad collapsed and had to spend another night at the previous hotel was, in my opinion, when the producers should have put a hold on all the other contestants wherever they were. A medical issue should not be a reason that you don't have the chance to win. This in effect give the other contestants a bigger head start on them for no reason of their own. They lost by two hours having dragged it back from thirty one. Not saying they would have won but it certainly prevented a decent shot at it.

I'd probably agree. Personal property shouldn't be used to raise money or instead of cash. I'd also make an argument for the contestants having to have their bags with them at the checkpoint.

I agree with this too. It turned strategy and penny pinching into a fitness battle. Yes, I understand that the competitors can arrive at any time and on any day but you should not be allowed to ditch your belongings to give you an edge if it turns into a race.

I don't understand why, if you have enough cash at the final destination you can't just use it all to get taken to the front door of the hotel. It all seemed at bit pointless really.

I actually didn’t enjoy this series as much as the first one... until right at the very end. Couldn’t have enjoyed that finish any more if I’d written the outcome myself. I don’t wish ill on Jen at all, as much as I think she’s quite an awful person, but I have to say I physically burst out laughing when she arrived 20 seconds after the two lads whilst mid-tantrum.

I’d like to know how much of it was scripted- the finale where they were all pushing to win was predictable to make a better programme.

Back