Race across the world

Saw the first two episodes - on the Saturday and Sunday - so I don't know who is left.
The
two lasses in their 50s were
binned in Azerbaijan I think when I saw it.
Was there only one episode the weekend just gone?

It's pretty entertaining for what it is.

Watched the first two episodes (and about 10 mins of the latest one this morning before heading to work) and enjoying it a lot. I think any of the remaining teams could feasibly win it. I reckon budget may prove key in the later episodes.

Watched the first two episodes (and about 10 mins of the latest one this morning before heading to work) and enjoying it a lot. I think any of the remaining teams could feasibly win it. I reckon budget may prove key in the later episodes.
I was thinking they've been rattling through their budgets but actually things are getting super cheap as they move east. I actually reckon they could be a bit bolder with their spending.

Saw the first two episodes - on the Saturday and Sunday - so I don't know who is left.
The
two lasses in their 50s were
binned in Azerbaijan I think when I saw it.
Was there only one episode the weekend just gone?

It's pretty entertaining for what it is.

Aye, it's on first time up on Sunday and repeated on the following Saturday.

[QUOTE="Batdad, post: 29367835, member: 13477"]Dark horses I reckon. Wouldn't be surprised if they win it. Having said that, any one of the other teams could win I reckon. Glad they got shot of that team in week 2. They were shite and boring.[/QUOTE]

Would prefer the lad and Dad from Manchester to win it like but aye I reckon you could be right.

I was thinking they've been rattling through their budgets but actually things are getting super cheap as they move east. I actually reckon they could be a bit bolder with their spending.

Yeah, central Asia is pretty cheap. May get more expensive later depending on the route they take.

[QUOTE="Batdad, post: 29367835, member: 13477"]Dark horses I reckon. Wouldn't be surprised if they win it. Having said that, any one of the other teams could win I reckon. Glad they got shot of that team in week 2. They were shite and boring.

Would prefer the lad and Dad from Manchester to win it like but aye I reckon you could be right.[/QUOTE]

The lad used to wind me up - thought he was a massive soft cock but he's just young really. I hope they win it too.

Anyone else watching this on BBC?

I'm loving it. So wholesome.

Who'd you reckon is gunna win?
Switched it off after half of the first episode. It's basically a scripted Top Gear style race.
Don't believe for one second that from the same starting point so close to Europe, every single team would choose a different mode of transport/route to get there.
The premise would work if it was a real race but there's better dramas out there if I want to watch something scripted.

Switched it off after half of the first episode. It's basically a scripted Top Gear style race.
Don't believe for one second that from the same starting point so close to Europe, every single team would choose a different mode of transport/route to get there.
The premise would work if it was a real race but there's better dramas out there if I want to watch something scripted.

How is it scripted

Of course people would take different routes depending on cost etc.

Obviously rules that they can't use family or existing contacts

They don't - often end up on the same ferry / train etc

I think it's great me

Caught up now.

The father and son team are my favourite, closely followed by Tony and Elaine. Tony especially is hilarious.

The lads are wet blankets and the lasses are annoying. That Sameera(sp) is bonny mind, she doesn't look like she's pushing 40.

Back