Race Across The World thread

I’m just a daft lad that’s it 😂
I think I'd be the working man's man, though I should be classed as middle class, I'm from a humble, poor, working background, father who was a shipbuilder, mother who was a school cook. I'm a "get on with it you fanny, life doesn't owe you anything" type of bloke. So would be instantly unpopular with the woke, snowflake generations.

Japan, NK, SK, Taiwan, China, Philippines. A few awkward diplomatic incidents along the way.

North Korea would be out and filming in China is very restricted (as seen in S1) but I like the idea of some island hopping in the Philippines which would create loads of potential routes and avoid them all doing the same thing which the previous series suffered a lot from.

Japan, NK, SK, Taiwan, China, Philippines. A few awkward diplomatic incidents along the way.
Not the Philippines,it takes effort to get to and from.
I like the idea of some island hopping in the Philippines which would create loads of potential routes
7000+ islands,loads of inter island ferries or just pay local fishermen to leapfrog down the archipelago,it’s very easy and in reality isn’t a challenge.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed every series but you need to take it for what it is. You can tell (especially in the Canada series) that the routes are engineered so that really it's only the last leg where anyone has a proper advantage with the start times.

There'll be someone with say a 10 hour headstart, they set off at 7am but the next bus isn't until 8pm.

Watching the stories and relationships unfold though is really nice.

I think I'd be the working man's man, though I should be classed as middle class, I'm from a humble, poor, working background, father who was a shipbuilder, mother who was a school cook. I'm a "get on with it you fanny, life doesn't owe you anything" type of bloke. So would be instantly unpopular with the woke, snowflake generations.
Aye you've got nee chance with it being the beeb

Back