Race Across The World thread

Big Jeff

Winger
Travel competition where teams race 16.000 kms across Canada to win a prize of £20,000.

5 pairs of contestants have a map, limited budget no credit cards or smartphones.

There are usually some "entertaining" contestants going by the last series which was in South America.

Looks like there’s a similar one starting soon on CH4 based in South Africa hosted by Paddy Mcguiness….prize money starts off at £300000 but reduces as the series goes on

Think COVID had a lot to do with it and let's face it Canada isn't exactly small.

Plus Russia is off limits.

This was all filmed last year when there were still a lot of COVID restrictions on place so Canada was a sensible choice to avoid border crossings.

The first two series were excellent so looking forward to this and hope then can return to an international format next time.

Just started watching series one of this (well onto the last episode).
Very entertaining, although I think the route of series one seems a lot more interesting than this

I think they learned from the early series that sending people rushing around potential war zones and places where epidemics might still be raging, might be great telly but the insurance premiums might be a bit prohibitive and the potential incarceration of the entire film crew could make it difficult to get the end of day edit sent through on time.

I think they learned from the early series that sending people rushing around potential war zones and places where epidemics might still be raging, might be great telly but the insurance premiums might be a bit prohibitive and the potential incarceration of the entire film crew could make it difficult to get the end of day edit sent through on time.

"Health and Safety gone mad" as someone is sure to say,

Remember it's not just the contestants at risk but each pair is followed by a film crew who have to go along with whatever the crazy plan is.

Travel competition where teams race 16.000 kms across Canada to win a prize of £20,000.

5 pairs of contestants have a map, limited budget no credit cards or smartphones.

There are usually some "entertaining" contestants going by the last series which was in South America.
You should apply Jeffers 🤟

Back