R now below 1.0

I do agree but they should have not sanctioned it as a lot of dafties now think this is a good thing to do.
The sun headline the other day ' it's ok to kiss and hug granny' was beyond irresponsible and millions of dafties read and believe that rag.
I'm sure the world think we are a bonkers country at times.

We're f***ing our economy to save ourselves the optics of the NHS struggling - and I dread to think what the excess non covid related deaths will be when this is all over

It was on it's way down before lockdown

One of the worst places in the world for this virus to start was China - they locked down, lied about the numbers and almost every other nation followed them - mental

We've completely fucked our economy for the foreseeable so we didn't get pictures of our NHS struggling
Lockdown was announced on 31st October, started on 5th Nov, the highest single day total was on 12th Nov and the seven day rolling average peaked on 16th November.

So you are wrong, will you admit it? I doubt it.

We're f***ing our economy to save ourselves the optics of the NHS struggling - and I dread to think what the excess non covid related deaths will be when this is all over
I’m not sure what u are saying, I hope it’s not that we should of let the disease run riot and accept the consequential death toll as a price to pay for saving the economy !

According to the Kings College App R is 0.9 for the U.K. as a whole, that is the first time since the summer they have reported R below 1.0.
We might just be getting to the end of this second wave, fingers crossed.

Hopefully it drops further by Christmas week as after that it's going to skyrocket.

Can't wait for the 3rd one, after christmas.

You mean after weeks of school kids being off school and families being able to use some common sense about who they can safely see and who they can't with a huge reduction in people mixing in general as more people will naturally be off work? There won't be a 3rd wave. Mark my words! I'm happy for this to be bumped early Feb.

It was on it's way down before lockdown

One of the worst places in the world for this virus to start was China - they locked down, lied about the numbers and almost every other nation followed them - mental

We've completely fucked our economy for the foreseeable so we didn't get pictures of our NHS struggling

So are you saying that we need not have locked down, and that the only reason we did is to prevent the public perception of the NHS failing?

From the governments own dashboard

The latest R number for the healthcare region of North East and Yorkshire is estimated at 0.8 to 1 with a daily infection growth rate range of -3% to 0% as of 27 November 2020.

There's no such thing as Covid south of Watford..

Hell On in Kent and Home Counties -Tory MPS shouting their mouths off about being in Tier 3. Self-serving Bellends.

Another U Turn on the way for Churchill?
The South East has the highest infection rate now, with Swale the highest in the country.

You mean after weeks of school kids being off school and families being able to use some common sense about who they can safely see and who they can't with a huge reduction in people mixing in general as more people will naturally be off work? There won't be a 3rd wave. Mark my words! I'm happy for this to be bumped early Feb.

Isn't it more the issue that children will be going back into school to mix after spending a couple of weeks mixing with lots of people? Therefore a couple of weeks after the schools go back, numbers look bad again.

Isn't it more the issue that children will be going back into school to mix after spending a couple of weeks mixing with lots of people? Therefore a couple of weeks after the schools go back, numbers look bad again.

Who are the lots of people that equal more than the ones they meet in school where they sit with thirty other people, play in the school yard with two hundred other people and then get on buses with sixty other people?

Who are the lots of people that equal more than the ones they meet in school where they sit with thirty other people, play in the school yard with two hundred other people and then get on buses with sixty other people?

The extended families and/or close friends they'll be with during Christmas? I didn't say they equal more.

They'll be then going back into close proximity with all the people you mention.

Back