R.I.P. Philomena Lynott

Saw them a few times.
My favourite band as a young un. Decent book written by Philomena about the legend.
What a song writer and inspirational front Man he was.
RIP. You gave us a Rock legend never forgotten.

When the Sun goes down..........

75% it was done in the studio though according to Tony Visconti.
It would of been touched up in the studio, like every live album, but 75% not a chance, just listen to bootlegs from the same period, they're not much different if at all. I saw them live a couple of times and they were a great live band.

Never really listened to them. Obviously I’ve heard them. I’ve tongue in cheek took the piss on here like. Is there a particularly great album by them?
BLACK ROSE
JAILBREAK
BAD REPUTATION.

Last edited:
It would of been touched up in the studio, like every live album, but 75% not a chance, just listen to bootlegs from the same period, they're not much different if at all. I saw them live a couple of times and they were a great live band.

BLACK ROSE
JAILBREAK
BAD REPUTATION.
Tell Tony not me. There’s been a fair bit of debate about his percentage by others involved but he sat with the tapes for days on end doing all the detailed editing. I saw them live a few times but you can’t really tell from that or from bootlegs how well the recording would have come out. It’s not just about tuning or mistakes. You get all kinds of separation problems, uneven room reflections and noise.

My Aunt was her best friend, and worked for her when she ran a Hotel for creatives in Manchester. She was actually Phil's god parent (and mine), unfortunately my Aunt died when I was 13 and I never made full use of it - my mam later told me that I met Phil and his Mam when I was a bairn - but I've no recollection really.

Sad news indeed. A great lady. Met her during the unveilng of Phils statue in Dublin August 2005.
She will join her son up there in heaven and he will probably greet her with that sheepish grin of his .

When I went to Dublin the statue had been temporarily removed for maintenance. Bit of a hike to get to it too.

My Aunt was her best friend, and worked for her when she ran a Hotel for creatives in Manchester. She was actually Phil's god parent (and mine), unfortunately my Aunt died when I was 13 and I never made full use of it - my mam later told me that I met Phil and his Mam when I was a bairn - but I've no recollection really.
An ex-colleague of mine went to school with him - in the same class was the bloke (Matthew Corbett) who took over working with Sooty.

Tell Tony not me. There’s been a fair bit of debate about his percentage by others involved but he sat with the tapes for days on end doing all the detailed editing. I saw them live a few times but you can’t really tell from that or from bootlegs how well the recording would have come out. It’s not just about tuning or mistakes. You get all kinds of separation problems, uneven room reflections and noise.
And he's full of shit.

Back