R.I.P. Philomena Lynott

Never really listened to them. Obviously I’ve heard them. I’ve tongue in cheek took the piss on here like. Is there a particularly great album by them?

RIP a remarkable woman and what a quality son she produced.

The sad thing is that Phil could have been a megastar if hed lived his life the right way. Hes always been one of my heroes as Lizzy were my favorite band growing up in the mid/late 70s.....however therewas still so much more for him to achieve in his career imo....and his mum possibly felt the same......but the fact that there still is always stuff going on to remember him to this day must have made her very proud...she herself had plenty to be proud of too

Yeah....there have been a few already ....but certainly the Freddie and Elton movies have opened the door to what should be a definitive one on Philo

Last edited:
The sad thing is that Phil could have been a megastar if hed lived his life the right way. Hes always been one of my heroes as Lizzy were my favorite band growing up in the mid/late 70s.....however therewas still so much more for him to achieve in his career imo....and his mum possibly felt the same......but the fact that there still is always stuff going on to remember him to this day must have made her very proud...she herself had plenty to be proud of too

Yeah....there have been a few already ....but certainly the Freddie and Elton movies have opened the door to what should be a definitive one on Philo

i'd say that it wouldn't have the box office success that the other two have and with that in mind, might struggle to raise the funds. to counter my point though :lol: the ian dury one, wasn't too bad and look who played his part. ;)

Back