R.I.P. Philomena Lynott

A Woman in our Village (married to a session drummer who I believe has drummed with manfred man?) Openly talks about her Sister dating both Moore and Lynott.
The track Little Darling was wrote about her......
There you go.

Two classics marra.

...and the Cowboy Song ...... so many more.
Lynott, Downey, Robbo and Gorham for me. No Gary Moore.

Last edited:
Used to write a fair bit of Poetry did young SOT.
No more and wrote the last one on my Wedding Day for the Wife.
Dedicated to Phil Lynott who was influential in my young days.
I would be a liar if I didn’t say I shed a small tear at his death in that January day.

Absolutely loved the music and even more special was he looked like Chris Kamara my Swindon idol :)

Yep, cant stand it.

Down from the Glenn came the marching men.........

I would be a liar if I didn’t say I shed a small tear at his death in that January day.

Absolutely loved the music and even more special was he looked like Chris Kamara my Swindon idol :)

Glen

With their shields and their swords

RIP Philomena. I'd assume if she saw this thread she'd be pretty happy that its moved on to Phil.

Cant find the whole episode on youtube, but I thought MTV/VH1's Behind the music episode was very good.

RIP Philomena. I'd assume if she saw this thread she'd be pretty happy that its moved on to Phil.

Discussing Phil was always go happen ..it would havebeen much the same had there been a thread about Freddie Mercury's mum passing .....but i get your point.
anybody who hasnt read her book "My Boy" should as it tells her story mainly as well of course that of Philip and the early days of Lizzy particularly until Robbo left.

75% it was done in the studio though according to Tony Visconti.

heres the proof it wasnt.....just tidied up a little

Never liked Emerald. Its just noise.

i tend to agree . "Warriors" is similar in stucture but is better imo. Robbo on fire in Warriors

Last edited:
Discussing Phil was always go happen ..it would havebeen much the same had there been a thread about Freddie Mercury's mum passing .....but i get your point.
anybody who hasnt read her book "My Boy" should as it tells her story mainly as well of course that of Philip and the early days of Lizzy particularly until Robbo left.

i tend to agree . "Warriors" is similar in stucture but is better imo. Robbo on fire in Warriors
Cant disagree with that.

Proves bot all to be honest. Most of the tracks weren't taken from the Philly shows (even if that is what the liner notes informed the taxman).

The companion album "Still Dangerous" rocks and that hasn't been messed with, I don't believe much of what he says.
Watch the footage from the Rainbow gig - some of it's exactly what's on the record.

Cracking version of Johnny on that video mind @bedlington mackem

Last edited:
The companion album "Still Dangerous" rocks and that hasn't been messed with, I don't believe much of what he says.

Yep...i posted the full show two posts up... "Still Dangerous" is only part of it and the running order is not true to Lizzy concerts of that time as the full show above confirms.

Last edited:

Back