R.I.P John Wilson

And his laugh whenever anything happened. He caught - laughed, he got snagged in a tree casting out - he laughed. One of the first angling programmes i remember was his

A lovely warm big hearted Man.
Would fish the wonderful River Teme where I spent many Summer Evenings catching those Teme Tigers (Barbel).
Surrounded by natural beauty amongst the hop fields.

Watched him for years, loved his shows. Got the chance to speak with him about 10 years ago fishing for skate in Oban. Lovely bloke, time for anyone.

RIP Marra :(

Shit, that’s sad news. Only saw him lose his rag once in one of his shows. He was fishing a reservoir for Pike and aside from an early Perch, caught nowt all day. Right at the end of the show, clearly at the end of a long day, he hooked a Pike. Just as he was taking it out of the landing net to present to camera, the fish made a last ditch bid for freedom! Struggled out of his hands and landed on the rod he had rested over the side of the boat. Snapping the rod, the fish fucked off and there was no laughing at the end of that episode. “That just about takes the bloomin’ biscuit”. Harsh words, steady Wilson.

Back